- Approximately $5.4 billion in economic activity is generated by California nonprofit arts and related industries.
- The sector supports a workforce of more than 160,000.
- Nonprofit arts produce nearly $300 million in state and local taxes.
- California's tourism industry is significantly bolstered by the arts.
- Nonprofit arts create $2.7 billion in worker income-making the sector's overall labor income on par with sports and recreation clubs, commercial sports and auto rental industries in California.
This report is a follow-up to another report released by the California Arts Council in 1994 titled The Arts: A Competitive Advantage for California, which was California's first comprehensive report to measure the economic impact and value of the arts and culture sector.