James Marston Fitch Charitable Foundation
Since 1989 the James Marston Fitch Charitable Foundation has been in the vanguard of historic preservation practice and theory. Their mission is to support professionals in the field of historic preservation, and to achieve this we provide mid-career grants to those working in preservation, landscape architecture, urban design, environmental planning, decorative arts, architectural design and architectural history.
Fitch Mid-Career grants of up to $15,000 are awarded annually to one or two mid-career professionals who have an academic background, professional experience and an established identity in one or more of the following fields: historic preservation, architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, environmental planning, architectural history and the decorative arts. The James Marston Fitch Charitable Foundation will consider proposals for the research and/or the execution of the preservation-related projects in any of these fields.
Criteria for Evaluation
Applications are reviewed by the Fitch Trustees. Projects will be evaluated on the following criteria:
• The project will make a meaningful contribution to the academic and/or professional field of historic preservation in the United States
• The applicant has a realistic plan for the dissemination of research and/or final work product
• The project has a clear and realistic goals, timeframe, work plan, and budget
• The project demonstrates innovative thinking, original research and creative problem solving and/or design
Below are the terms of eligibility for Fitch Mid-Career grants:
• Grants are awarded only to individuals, not organizations. The Foundation does not fund university-sponsored research projects or dissertation research.
• Applicants must be mid-career professionals with at least 10 years experience in historic preservation or related fields, including architecture, landscape architecture, architectural conservation, urban design, environmental planning, archaeology, architectural history, and the decorative arts.
• Applicants must be legal residents or citizens of the United States.
Grant link: http://fitchfoundation.org/filter/Grants/ApplicationFitch-Mid-Career-Grant