Los Angeles, CA
Ace Gallery, an internationally-recognized art gallery specializing in art from the 1960's to the present, is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual for the position of Social Media Manager.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has a strong existing knowledge of social media networking with the ability to develop Ace Gallery’s social media presence in order to keep followers up to date on current and upcoming events, exhibitions, and articles.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Acting as the direct liaison with the public regarding current and upcoming exhibitions and events via social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- Keeping the gallery abreast on opportunities in public relations
- Research projects
- Assisting the Image Department
- Assisting with gallery events
- Providing general administrative support
- BA in Art History (or equivalent experience)
- Strong background in developing and maintaining social media networking sites
- Proficient with art news outlets and arts literature
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary art and the Los Angeles art scene
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Proficiency with Mac computers
- Knowledgeable in Photoshop and digital printing
- Must live within a 6 mile radius of the Miracle Mile district
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email or send a letter of application, resume, three references, salary history, writing sample, and a recent photograph of yourself to:
ATTENTION: DOUGLAS CHRISMAS
5514 WILSHIRE BOULEVARD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90036