Artist Call DetailCALL FOR ENTRY: East Meets West Juried Art Exhibition
For International artists
East Meets West
Juried Art Exhibition for
My Medicine Part 4
Deadline for entries April 26, 2017
Eligibility and Media: This international exhibition is open to any artist 18 years of age or older.
East Meets West is a juried art exhibit which looks at the differences and similarities between these two views on healing. Eastern healing has largely been seen as mystical and natural based on 1000’s of years of tradition and experience that at times has trouble incorporating new ideas. Western healing is seen as more scientific with strong roots in a body/mind focus that at times excludes any healing that is found “outside” the body. Galaudet Gallery sees both these systems as integral to 21st Century healing and that neither is restorative without the other. Globally this has been seen as a merging of these two traditions into a more personalized approach to medicine.
Artworks larger than 5 feet in any direction or weighing more than 100 pounds are ineligible. Maximum of 3 artworks may be submitted per artist.
All fine arts media are acceptable including: watercolor, drawing, pastel, painting, sculpture, mixed media, photography, digital art, etchings, monotype, monoprint, silk screen, lithography, collagraph, fiber art, book arts, etc. Please visit http://galaudetgallery.wixsite.com/ggllc/call-for-entry-east-meets-west for more information and feel free to contact the gallery at email@example.com with any questions.
- 1-3 images for each entry: at least 1 of entire piece
- Brief artist statement (200 or less words)
- Brief artist biography (200 or less words)
- Entry Fee payable through PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artwork Narrative (200 or less words)
- Artwork entry description
- Dimensions (LxW or LxWxH)
- Year Created
- Retail Price (in dollars)
- For Sale in Exhibit? (yes or no)
Any questions? Contact us at (715) 513-9994 or email@example.com
- Entry fees for this exhibit are $12 for 3 submissions or $5 for one
- All Entries and Fees must be submitted by April 26, 2017.
- Entry fees are payable through Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission for this exhibition is by email only. Please send your submissions to email@example.com.
- February 4, 2017: Open for submissions
- April 26, 2017: Deadline for entries
- April 28-30, 2017: Judging takes place
- May 3, 2017: Artists informed of Judges decisions
- June 1, 2017: All juried art must be at Galaudet Gallery
- June 18, 2017: Art Exhibit East Meets West opens
- September 18, 2017: Art Exhibit East Meets West closes
- September 19-20, 2017: Artwork from exhibit returned to artists
Delivery or Shipping
- In-person delivery must be made by appointment before June 1, 2017.
- Shipped art must be received by June 1, and be shipped at the artist’s expense.
- Artist pays for return shipping. Return shipping labels, including insurance and carrier pick-up fees, must be at Galaudet Gallery by September 18 or artwork could be forfeited to gallery.
- No Styrofoam “peanuts” please – reusable wrapping materials, carton(s) or crate(s) are accepted. Further details will be sent if your work is accepted.
Please send gallery quality images without background clutter or text. DO NOT send composite images or images with embedded text. If your work is accepted for exhibition, the images you enter as well as the text you provide will be used for print & digital publicity. Please ensure that the orientation of the images are the orientation of the piece since these images will be consulted when installation of the exhibit commences. If the images provided are not quality then the artist might be contacted to provide better images. Each submission may consist of 1 to 3 images. You may submit up to 3 submissions.
Image File Requirements
A maximum of 3 images per submission will be accepted. Name your file: Artist Name_Title and use the following guidelines for file sizes. JPEGs should uploaded at 300dpi, file size not to exceed 2MB, with a maximum dimension of 1500 pixels on the longest side PDF pages will be accepted with either a separate PDF per image or one PDF containing all three images with each image on a separate page.
Participating artists will be given a proof sheet of wall cards, publicity and catalog entries which will also constitute the deadline for changing any information including artwork title, price and narrative. There will be an online and print catalog created for this exhibit with each artist included. There will be articles written, ads submitted and possible interviews for artists.
- Jules Heffe, International Art Dealer and Collector based in Los Angeles
- Piers Durand International Art Dealer based in France
This last installment of our My Medicine Art Series ends with an internationally juried art show which brings Eastern Medicinal ideas into our Western perspective.
Chakra art, Ayuredic art, Alternative Medicine art, Nature-as-healer art and other types of art that has inspiration in healing modalities and ways of health are sought for Galaudet Gallery’s East Meets West Art Exhibit.
East Meets West looks at the differences and similarities between these two views on healing. Eastern healing has largely been seen as mystical and natural based on 1000’s of years of tradition and experience that at times has trouble incorporating new ideas. Western healing is seen as more scientific with strong roots in a body/mind focus that at times excludes any healing that is found “outside” the body. Galaudet Gallery sees both these systems as integral to 21st Century healing and that neither is restorative without the other. Globally this has been seen as a merging of these two traditions into a more personalized approach to medicine.
This call seeks artwork that looks at both Eastern and Western ways of health and healing. An introduction to the Ontological Chakras will be a part of this exhibit and the seven ontologicals will be presented as well as the seven consciousness chakras that most people know. So chakra art is strongly encouraged.
It is expected that all work exhibited be for sale. Sales will be encouraged. Galaudet Gallery retains 40% on all sales. The prices you submit during the entry process are the retail prices the gallery will adhere to throughout the duration of the exhibition.
Art Exhibit Catalog
There will be a print and online color catalog in conjunction with the exhibition. Print catalogs will be for sale. The online catalog will remain online during and after the exhibition. Visit https://issuu.com/galaudetgalleryllc to see previous catalogs from Galaudet Gallery
Works must be delivered ready for installation/display. Gallery reserves the right not to exhibit any work not accurately represented by the digital entry, arrives damaged, is not prepared for exhibition or any other conditions that may impair quality display. Once accepted for the exhibition, Galaudet Gallery welcomes any written instructions on ideal display, but the gallery cannot guarantee any particular placement or exposure.
Roundtrip shipping and insurance is the responsibility of the artist. Galaudet Gallery retains a 40% commission on works sold through the gallery.
Galaudet Gallery LLC
Eau Claire, WI
Contact: Mike Milewski/ Galaudet