Artist Call DetailArt Attacks Cancer
For California artists
The Kids & Art Foundation invites Bay Area artists to submit work for an Art Fair and Fundraiser being held at Art Attack SF ’s new Castro location from April 21-23, 2017. The
theme is "Art Attacks Cancer.” Artists are asked to submit work that evokes a feeling of strength, confidence, resistance, resilience, or hope through various media. Every day,
43 children are diagnosed with cancer. The Kids & Art Foundation provides free art workshops to children battling cancer to find healing through creative expression.
There is no fee to participate, but 50% of the proceeds from any work sold will be donated to The Kids & Art Foundation. This money will be used to provide stipends and
art materials to volunteer artists who lead weekly and monthly workshops.
- The theme is "Art Attacks Cancer.” Artists are asked to submit work that evokes a feeling of strength, confidence, resistance, resilience, or hope through various media.
- Eligible media includes oils, acrylics, pastels, watercolor, mixed media, drawing,
- printmaking, photography, collage and sculpture. Sculptors must provide own pedestals. Please no video or installations.
- There is no fee to submit/show work at the fair.
- All artists will keep 50% of proceeds and donate 50% of proceeds to The Kids & Art Foundation.
- Only one work of art may be submitted. Unframed prints/posters can be shown in a print rack. Work will also be shown on the The Kids & Art Foundation website.
- All work must be labeled with artist name, title, medium, size, price and year.
- Size of work limited to 24" x 24" framed or unframed for each piece. framed work must be ready for hanging.
- All artists may bring a statement or cards to leave at the gallery.
- All work displayed must be for sale.
- All artists must sign a release for their artwork to be photographed and shared on The Kids & Art Foundation social media
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: MARCH 25, 2017All work must be delivered on April 18,10-1pm or April 19, 5-7pm.
- All work should be delivered to Art Attack SF, 2358 Market Street, San Francisco.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please send your name, bio or a link to your website, and an image of the work you would like to sell to Ethel Jimenez at Etheljimenez@gmail.com by 3/25/2017. Please provide high resolution jpg files, at 150 dpi, and maximum 1280 x 960.
Note: The fair is not a curated exhibit, however, the artwork must be suitable for a general audience. The Kids & Art Foundation retains final approval of all artwork.
Artwork considered inappropriate will not be included.
ABOUT THE KIDS & ART FOUNDATION
The Kids & Art Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization based out of Burlingame, California, committed to offering the intrinsic healing power of the creative process of art
making to children and families dealing with cancer. Under the guidance of caring Bay Area artists, children make art during ongoing workshops at the Lucile Packard and UCSF Children’s Hospitals and at destination workshops featuring unique and creative locations like Google, Pixar, PACE teamLab, and many more. The Kids & Art Foundation
was founded in 2008 by Purvi Shah, who now serves as the Executive Director. She is the mother of Amaey Shah, who died in 2011 after battling against acute lymphoblastic
leukemia for six of his nine years. The Kids & Art Foundation grew from her son’s love of participating in art making throughout the course of his life. Purvi Shah was recently
awarded the Jefferson Award for Public Service.
Contact: Ethel Jimenez | Etheljimenez@gmail.com
The Kids & Art Foundation
San Francisco, CA
Contact: Ethel Jimenez