Artist Call Detail20 x 20 Show: 20 pieces in 20 days
For National artists
20x20 Blue Line Arts Westpark Workshop Gallery Application Deadline: November 1, 2017. Online applications must be submitted by 5:00pm PST. Important Dates Exhibition Dates: December 1, 2017 – January 13, 2018 Notification of Acceptance: November 3, 2017. Notifications of the results will be sent by 5pm PST. The email address on the application form will be used to send out notifications. Art Drop Off: Deliver work to the gallery on November 26th and November 27th from 10am to 3pm. Opening Art Reception: December 16th from 5-8:30pm with an Artist Lecture from 5-6pm Art Pick Up: Please pick up unsold work from the gallery on January 14th and 15th from 10am-3pm. The 20x20 board should be 27" Wide and 33" tall.
- Each piece of art is 6”x6
- 5 pieces across, 4 down
- 2” border on top, left and right
- 3 ¼” border on bottom
- 1 ½” in between each piece horizontally (row)
- ¼” in between each piece vertically (column) Materials:
- Use ⅜” thick plywood to mount your work on.
- BOTH SIDES of the plywood must be painted with Behr premium white flat paint.
- You may choose how each piece hangs on the plywood (i.e. nails, hooks, etc.)
- There does not need to be a hanging device on the back of the plywood. We will be screwing the board directly into the wall.
- Please number each piece on the back so that we know what order to hang them in.
- We ask that all 20 pieces of art be priced to be sold individually (i.e. $25 per piece, instead of $1000 for all 20 pieces)
- While you may come up with the price for each piece, many of the sales in the show last year were in the $25-$65 range.
- All works must be original and completed within the last two years
- Works must not have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts
- All works must be for sale
- Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions and receives a 50% commission from all gallery sales for non-members and a 60% commission for members
- Accepted artwork, which differs significantly from the online image submission, will be disqualified
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the close of the exhibition
- Applicants must apply online using the application form below. There is a $35 fee for non-members, members are free.
- You must be 18 years or older to apply Questions: If you have any questions about submitting to “20x20”, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during open hours at (916) 783-4117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Line Arts