Artist Call DetailCapitola Plein Air 2017
For National artists
Welcome to Capitola Art & Cultural Commission’s third annual Capitola Plein Air juried competition, exhibition and sale! We are delighted to invite you to register for the chance to paint en plein air all around Capitola November 1st-4th 2017, and compete for the blue ribbon on Sunday, November 5, 2017. The fall is a beautiful time of year on the Central Coast! The event includes four days to paint, an artists' mixer, and an indoor exhibition and competition judged by Laurie Kersey, Artist. More info at http://capitolapleinair.com
- Online submission deadline: Tuesday, September 5th, 2017 Register at https://www.onlinejuriedshows.com/Default.aspx?OJSID=13858
- The entry fee is $50. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance by September 15, 2017.
- 1st Place: winning entry will be purchased for $1,500, added to the City’s public art collection, and may be featured in subsequent promotion for the event.
- 2nd Place: winning entry will be purchased for $800, and added to the City’s public art collection.
- Honorable Mentions: Ribbon only.
- People Choice, Artists Choice and others: varies.
- Artists may sell their works, provided they were painted during the course of the event.
- Capitola Plein Air will collect all sales, and responsible for all transactions, record keeping, and sales tax. Commissions will be payable within 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
- The commission on sales is 30%, with artists retaining 70% of sale price.
- The registration process is juried, and artists work will be reviewed. Not all entrants will be invited to attend.
- Works in any medium are welcome in the competition and exhibition/sale.
- You may paint any subject from any location, outdoors, within Capitola city limits. You may also paint views of Capitola from a distance!
- Saturday, November 4th is a mandatory painting day, 10am-2 pm.
- There is no limit to the size of the work created, provided that, framed, it does not extend beyond the allotted display area. The display area allotted to each artist is 36″x 80.”
- No hosted lodging or transportation is provided to artists.
Capitola Art and Cultural Commission
Contact: Jenny Shelton