Artist Call Detail2017 Open Show
For National artists
CALL FOR ARTISTS
Los Angeles Art Association's 2017 Open Show LAAA's national survey exhibition featuring the very best in emerging art.
Juried by Anna Katz, Assistant Curator at MOCA
Deadline to submit: Saturday, October 14, 2017
Open to all artists of all media
Reception: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 6 - 9pm
Show Runs: December 16, 2017 - January 12, 2018
Location: Gallery 825 - 825 N. La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles CA 90069
Deliver Accepted Work: Saturday, December 9, 10 am to 5 pm
Pick-up Unsold Work: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 10 am to 5 pm
PLEASE READ ALL GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION PROCESS CAREFULLY
ELIGIBILITY: Competition open to all artists living in the U.S. of all media. Entries must be work created within the last three years. No craft or functional pieces. Accepted video artists must provide their own equipment/ monitors, projectors, DVD player, etc. Discs must be set up and looped for continuous play.
ENTRY FEES: Non-members: $50 for up to 5 entries. LAAA Members: $25 for up to 5 entries. Limit of 5 entries per person. Details (optional) of work limited to 1 per entry. Entry fees are non-refundable.
ENTRY SUBMISSION: CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Each image should be no larger then 1MB. Submitted images of accepted work may be used by LAAA for press and promotional materials.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: October 14 by 5 PM.
Notification of accepted work will be sent via email by November 9.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK:
- Accepted work must be available between December 9, 2017 through January 13, 2018.
- Accepted work must be delivered to the gallery on Saturday, December 9 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Drop off dates are firm!
- Unsold work must be picked up on Saturday, January 13, 2018, 10 am to 5 pm
- If you live outside California, work must be shipped to arrive at the gallery Tues., Dec 5- Sat. Dec. 9, but no later than Sat., Dec. 9.
- Artists are responsible for all shipping costs and arrangements to and from the gallery. All other arrangements must be made in advance and approved by the gallery.
- All work must be properly framed and/or ready to hang.
- Works requiring specific hardware must be provided when work is delivered. At the juror's discretion, work that is dirty, in disrepair or otherwise deemed unfit for display may be excluded from the show. All decisions of the juror are final.
- Work must be unwrapped by artist upon delivery. LAAA will not store any packing materials.
All work will be offered for sale. All work must be priced to include LAAA's 40% commission. Artists will receive 60% commission on artwork sold.
Payment for sales will be sent to artists within 45 days after the close of the show.
Neither LAAA, staff, board nor anyone connected to the exhibition is responsible for any loss, damage, breakage or theft of artwork while at the gallery. Your entry into this exhibition constitutes agreement with these terms and conditions as set in the prospectus.
Los Angeles Art Association
Los Angeles, CA