Arts Jobs - DetailFestival Coordinator
Asian Pacific Islander Cultural Center
San Francisco, CA
Classification: Part-Time Contract Position - Seasonal Ongoing
Compensation: $16/hour. Maxed at $800/month.
APICC is committed to:
- Supporting and sustaining a stable Asian American and Pacific Islander arts community;
- Ensuring API community has equal access to arts funding, facilities for production and programming, as well as professional development, advocacy, training, and direct support;
- Enabling our diverse, intergenerational and multi-generational API community to engage in the arts as creators, performers and audience members;
- Presenting multidisciplinary and contemporary arts;
- Mentoring artists in their development to realize their full potential;
- Commissioning new works and keeping up with the field in new forms, technologies, and media.
FESTIVAL COORDINATOR DEscriptION
APICC is seeking a seasonal Festival Coordinator. This position works in a team environment along with the Artistic Director and the Office and Communications Manager. The Festival Coordinator's focus is on Programming, Production, and Administrative duties as related to the annual United States of Asian American Festival and reports directly to the Artistic Director.
This position calls for someone who is a skilled communicator and doesn’t think any job is too small. The Festival Coordinator is an effective relationship builder and has experience interacting with both artists and organizations. This person should be flexible and a resourceful, creative problem solver with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently while juggling multiple tasks and priorities. An ideal candidate is used to fast-paced work environments with small teams. We are seeking an individual who is motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Production coordination (6-15 hours per week) - responsible for the management of APICC programs and events (i.e. booking venues, organizing artists applications, facilitating meetings, etc.)
- Assist Artistic Director in production of programs and events.
- Volunteer/intern coordination: assist in sourcing, managing, and supervising volunteers/interns for events and projects.
- Managing box office and box office staff/volunteers during festival events.
Marketing & Communications
- Assist in outreach and marketing of APICC’s United States of Asian America Festival 2018 - working with Artistic Director.
- Communicate with community sponsors in providing sponsorship.
- Developing social media and marketing content throughout festival under the Office & Communications Manager
- Assist Artistic Director in organizing festival submissions.
- Assist in the hiring of artists and execution of contracts for events.
- Assist in recruitment of festival photographers, videographers, and volunteers
- Distributing and collecting appropriate paperwork for festival artists, contractors and volunteers
- Assisting Office & Communications Manager in managing and tracking festival financials (i.e. box office cash handling, box office earnings, deposits, invoices, payments, etc.)
- Interest and experience organizing and/or producing in the Asian American/ Pacific Islander arts community highly desired.
- Commitment to diversity and equity - ability to work with diverse populations.
- Proven ability to set priorities to manage and complete responsibilities in a timely manner, includes meeting multiple deadlines and the need to balance differing priorities.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with PC systems preferred and Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel; graphic design knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with online productivity tools like Gmail, Google Docs, Asana, etc.
- Event planning and fundraising experience preferred and desired.
- Flexibility in schedule as required, especially during festival presentation from April through June - including weekends/evenings.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs without assistance.
- Experience with producing multiple event festivals and showcases a plus.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the position title “Festival Coordinator” in the Subject Line.
APICC is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information. Women of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Position open until full.