Arts Jobs - DetailEducation & Youth Programs Associate
Berkeley Repertory Theatre
DEPARTMENT: Berkeley Rep School of Theatre (Education)
POSITION: Education & Youth Programs Associate
POSTING DATE: December 2017
REPORTS TO: Director, Berkeley Rep School of Theatre
WORK SCHEDULE: 20 hours/week (Tuesday-Sunday)
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Berkeley Repertory Theatre, a Tony Award-winning theatre company in Berkeley, CA, seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual for the position of Education & Youth Programs Associate at the Berkeley Rep School of Theatre. This person should have well-developed written, communication, financial, customer service, and computer skills, as well as be a flexible, compassionate, and organized individual with an interest in both the performing arts and K-12 education issues.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Class Enrollment and Support
- Administration and processing of class registration (online, by phone, and in person) and first day paperwork
- Management of payment, discounts, plans and refunds; maintain records as required
- Creation and oversight of all class paperwork
- Onsite oversight of youth classes
- Coordination of production support and scheduling with Associate Director
- Office Operational and Administrative Support
- Creation and implementation of online class evaluations
- Coordination of classroom space use between multiple SOT and BRT programs
- Coordination with the facilities department of all classroom and building needs
- Regular correspondence with faculty, students, and parents, including class support
- Act as primary liaison with Berkeley Rep’s production departments for student performances
- Coordinate logistics for public-facing events
- Represent Berkeley Rep School of Theatre in the community
- Execute other duties as assigned.
- Opportunities exist for this position to add teaching hours.
Preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects
- Computer literacy and ability to multi-task
- Strong customer service and budgeting skills
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Enjoys working in a learning environment with students of various ages
- Must be able to perform physical activities in the set-up and take-down of classrooms and technical materials (i.e. tables, light boards, risers, etc.)
- The ideal person for this position thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, is a self-starter who is able to work both independently and collaboratively, and is available to work some evening and weekend hours as the position demands.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience with Tessitura or similar ticketing service is desired.
- Strong communication skills with teachers and parents preferred.
- Strong organizational abilities required.
Berkeley Rep is an equal opportunity employer. Berkeley Rep offers a diverse, congenial, casual environment conducive to professional growth. Position available immediately.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a resume without delay. Berkeley Rep will contact candidates of interest. Please, no calls.
Email submissions only. Send only PDF files, no web links to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Education Associate” Only complete submissions will be considered.
Address: 999 Harrison Street