Arts Jobs - DetailTeam Build Program Assistant
Job Title: Team Build Program Assistant
Reports To: Workshops Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Part time
Closes: open until filled
The Crucible, Northern California's most innovative and diverse industrial arts education center, seeks a multi-talented, customer-service oriented and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Team Build Program Assistant. This is a part-time position, working up to 20 hours per week.
We are a non-profit educational facility that offers classes and workshops in the fine and industrial arts. We are widely recognized for our exceptional learning experiences, rich and varied arts programs, skilled and committed faculty, and unparalleled educational facilities. We offer classes and programs that impact as many as 10,000 people annually, with programs that attract people of all ages from throughout the greater Bay Area and beyond.
Our corporate Team Building program provides fun and challenging opportunities to explore the industrial arts for groups from as few as six to over 100 employees. We will host more than 150 groups per year for workshops in welding, blacksmithing, glass flameworking, jewelry, and much more. We have hosted groups from Facebook, Google, Salesforce, Gilead, and many more.
The Team Build Program Assistant reports directly to our Workshops Manager, and is responsible for the facilitation and support of our Team Build Workshops. The Program Assistant is frequently the first point of contact for corporate employees coordinating Crucible Team Build Workshops, and is responsible for providing excellent customer service, as well as managing a variety administrative operations. This part-time position includes a variety of tasks and a flexible weekday schedule.
- Provide gracious customer service for groups, including check-in and check-out, and studio orientations
- Perform administrative tasks for team building operations, including answering general questions, helping to prepare proposals, invoicing, and follow up information
- Interface with volunteers, faculty, and studio managers around programs, facility safety and support
- Manage multiple schedules and priorities
- Provide administrative support as needed including, but not limited to, filing, faxing, data entry, mailing, email, document preparation, research, etc.
- Assist with program development, including developing templates, and collaborating with key stakeholders to assist with strategic objectives around increasing program revenue
- Provide marketing support for the program, which includes compiling company information, calling and emailing potential clients and brainstorming other creative marketing strategies
- Responsible for event set-up, group hospitality, and food and beverage service details
- Organize food and catering support including pick up and deliver provisions for catered events
- Strong computer skills: MS Office, Google Documents, Google Calendar, Salesforce highly desired.
- Experience working with a Mac computer. Ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Prior experience in marketing and sales preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment and ability in working with diverse populations
- A.A. degree or some college required, BA/BS preferred
- Prior experience in a customer service/support role preferred
- Excellent phone and e-mail etiquette
- Fine and industrial arts experience preferred
- Catering and event hospitality experience preferred
- Access to a car, must hold a valid CA driver’s license
The Crucible is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin or sexual orientation.
E-mail: cover letter, résumé and three reference contacts to Human.email@example.com
Subject line: Team Build Program Assistant
Address: 1260 7th Street