Arts Jobs - DetailBooking Agent
MUSICA PACIFICA, ONE OF AMERICA’S PREMIER BAROQUE ENSEMBLES, SEEKS A BOOKING AGENT.
This part-time position starts at 15-20 hours per week; Although Musica Pacifica is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, candidates could work remotely from other areas of the country.
Note: if more hours are desired, another organization, also in need of a booking agent, could potentially double these hours.
- Regularly and consistently contact presenters by phone and email to secure concert engagements.
- Maintain and grow/develop database of prospective presenters active in booking live performances of classical music.
- Prepare copy for bi-monthly or monthly newsletter emailed to presenters and mailing list; distribute to list.
- Potentially negotiate fees and arrangements with presenters when group is engaged.
- Create simple sales sheets with graphics.
- Possibly other PR duties to be discussed.
- Sales ability, including making cold calls, tracking contacts, timely follow-up, and closing deals.
- A familiarity with classical music is required, and familiarity with early music preferred.
- Experience in this field is desirable, but resourcefulness, discipline and the ability to work independently are even more important.
- Competence with email, a direct mail platform (such as MailChimp), word processing, preparing marketing pieces, and database management.
- Basic to intermediate graphic design skills.
Compensation: an hourly fee plus commission on any engagements booked.
Please submit resume, cover letter and hourly salary requirements to Peter McDowell Arts Consulting, email@example.com
Contact:Peter McDowell Arts Consulting