Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment Associate
Museums of Sonoma County
Santa Rosa, CA
Job Title: Development Associate
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: 40 hours/week; Exempt, Some weekends and evenings required
Position Description: The Museums of Sonoma County (MSC) seeks a full-time Development Associate to support all fundraising activities, including the membership program, through grants management, donor relations and database management, direct mail solicitation, and events coordination. MSC full time employees receive benefits (medical, dental, vacation, and paid time off).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for database management for Museum donors including data entry, data verification, and producing reports as needed for the Executive Director.
- Point person for the Museum’s database to ensure Museum is up to date with all changes and training necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate and timely donor recognition, including processing of thank you letters, and follow-up phone calls as needed.
- Responsible for assisting with fundraising campaigns, including the annual fund, and other project-specific campaigns through direct mail and other marketing methods.
- Supervises volunteers as needed in order to achieve timely direct-mail deadlines.
- Coordinates production of development materials, as directed by the Executive Director.
- Responsible for producing timely and accurate donor reports, ensuring donors are recognized in Museum’s newsletter, website, and donor panels.
- Serves as point person for events and receptions in cooperation with operations and program staff.
- Responsible for event budgeting and securing of rental equipment, permits and licenses.
- Responsible for solicitation of event sponsors, in-kind donors, and other event supporters, as well as receiving and tracking in-kind donations in response to requests. Uses social media and electronic marketing for development purposes.
- Assists with development of marketing strategies.
- Coordinates and distributes public announcements to the Museum’s online mailing list, in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Updates and maintains the Museum’s media and contact email lists.
- Responsible for database management for membership program including solicitation of renewals, new memberships and membership processing.
- Supervises the entering of payment information into database, for ensuring accuracy of records and for balancing monthly with the Controller.
- Responsible for record management including data entry, verification and updating of data and producing reports as needed for the Executive Director.
- Responsible for serving as membership information resource as necessary.
- Supervises efforts to contact lapsed members, implementation of membership initiatives in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Responsible for ensuring that content in membership brochures, forms, and Museum’s website is accurate and updated.
- Responsible for ensuring that Museum members are acknowledged appropriately and recognized for their support.
- Coordinates social media and website marketing for membership; assists with development of marketing strategies for all membership activities.
- Serves as assistant to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Serves as liaison to the Board of Directors. Responsible for preparation of Board and Committee meetings, including sending out advance materials and agendas, setting up chairs and purchasing food and supplies for meetings.
- Assists Executive Director with scheduling and sending out reminders for Board and Committee meetings.
- Responsible for filing Board minutes and committee reports and ensuring the files are complete.
- Backup for Operations Manager as needed.
- Provides front desk backup and Visitor Services support as needed for lectures, evening programs, receptions and events.
- Backup for updating web calendars for Museum events and programs.
- Other office and administrative duties as assigned.
- B.A. Business, Communications, English, Art, History, Non-Profit management or relevant field required.
- Five years of experience in a professional office environment required.
- Experience with event planning required.
- Database and non-profit fundraising knowledge, as well as sales or telemarketing experience essential.
- High degree of integrity, drive, professional office and organizational skills.
- Must keep privileged information confidential.
- Ability to communicate well - both oral and written is required. Selected candidates may be asked to submit a writing sample.
- Must multi-task, be flexible, personable, responsible, organized and accurate with details, as well as a team player that is respectful of others.
- Must be proactive, work under deadlines and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook fluency required.
- Donor or other customer databases (such as Fundly CRM) experience essential.
- Experience with Constant Contact, WordPress, and Quickbooks Point of Sale preferred.
- Position will be contingent upon successful background check.
Typical physical demands
Sitting at desk for prolonged periods of time, walking, standing, climbing stairs, hearing (telephone, at meetings, etc.), lifting/carrying (up to 30 pounds), climbing up and down ladders, lifting and retrieving materials and objects, and reaching both above and below shoulder height.
Computer, telephone, copier, fax machine, calculator, digital camera, mobile devices, and other electronic office equipment. Occasional use of personal vehicle.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to:
Katie Azanza, Operations Manager
No phone calls, please
Deadline: Thursday, January 18, 2018
The Museums of Sonoma County (MSC) explore and interpret art, history and culture from the regional to the international. With two points of entry, regional collections and a sculpture garden, the Museums serve as a creative nexus and gathering place for the community.
MSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Address: 425 7th Street