Arts Jobs - DetailTeaching Artist
Not Nothing Projects
Not Nothing Projects (NNP) is looking for teaching artists with demonstrated experience in visual arts and arts education to teach camps and after-school classes for children and teens, as well as daytime classes for adults in Encinitas, CA. We are hoping to add several teaching artists with varied experience to cover these age groups.
- Collaborate with NNP to develop challenging and unique projects in a variety of media
- Create project samples and detailed lesson plans with supply lists
- Lead students in a variety of projects, discussions, and activities related to each class/camp’s topic/project
- Organize and store completed artwork in preparation for student art shows and assist with coordination of student art shows to showcase work created throughout certain programs.
- Photograph and document projects created and students working on projects
- Complete class evaluations
- Experience using inquiry- and process-based learning
- Prior teaching experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary art and artists
- Knowledge of contemporary art practices in a broad variety of media
Teaching artists will work as independent contractors. Hours are contingent on contracted teaching schedule. Compensation will be dependent on experience, $15–$25 per hour.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, references, compensation history, availability, and a list of preferred age group(s) and media. Include Teaching Artist in the subject line and email to email@example.com. No phone calls will be accepted.