Arts Jobs - DetailCommunity Engagement Coordinator
David Brower Center
About the David Brower Center
One of the Bay Area’s most advanced green buildings, the nonprofit David Brower Center is an inspiring hub for environmental and social action. The Brower Center opened in 2009 with offices housing 30 nonprofit and social enterprises, a gallery, theater and event facilities, and a restaurant. Conceived as a vibrant community of like-minded individuals and organizations committed to a just and ecologically sustainable society, the Brower Center fosters collaborations and facilitates cross-sector partnerships. Learn more at www.browercenter.org.
David Brower Center
Job Description: Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Administrative and Operations Manager
Status: Non-exempt, At-will, Part-time, 28 hours per week
Compensation: Hourly; Salary Commensurate upon Experience
The Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC) is a key member of the Brower Center staff and responsible for ensuring that program attendees, visitors, and resident organizations have a positive and engaging experience.
This multi-faceted role must handle both front and back-of-house responsibilities, balancing administrative and marketing tasks with front desk reception duties.
This position calls for a strong multi-tasker who enjoys developing, building, and being a part of a community.
The CEC must possess excellent customer service and communication skills and have a clear understanding of the varied logistics associated with community building, hospitality and social media.
Reception and Administrative
- Serves as front desk receptionist by receiving visitors, answering general phone and email inquiries and routing communication appropriately
- Provides timely, excellent customer service
- Maintains visual awareness of people entering and exiting the building and maintains a visitor tracking log
- Enters data, manages users and selected lists in the Salesforce database, including staff, resident and vendor contact information, and updating information as needed
- Assists Admin & Ops Manager with property management tasks as assigned
- Communicates to facility management about service and maintenance issues witnessed or reported by others
- Creates wayfinding signage and daily event signage for resident organizations and guests using InDesign and/or Microsoft Word
- Retrieves mail and processes for proper routing, logs and secures all incoming checks and cash
- Processes donations received at front desk
- Keeps front desk handbook up to date
- Assists with various administrative tasks to support other departments as necessary
Resident Organizations and Community Engagement
- Fosters a sense of community among tenants through events and building programs
- With direction from the Executive Director, develops, plans, and produces resident organization social and professional events.
- Builds relationships with neighboring business and organizations to engage them with the Brower Center community
- Maintains resident organization bulletin boards by collecting appropriate information and keeping them up to date
- Manages the Resident Conference Room (RCR) and Resident Events calendars, which includes: inviting/cancelling users, monitoring room usage, and disseminating/enforcing RCR policy
- Compiles, produces, and sends the bi-weekly Resident Email Blast and other resident communications as necessary
- Communications and Marketing
- Creates consistent, engaging content for the organization’s social media channels (currently Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) to build community and drive event attendance
- Monitors social media conversations/mentions and responds to questions and comments in a timely manner
- With direction from the Communications and Development Manager, maintains a social media planning calendar
- Tracks, measures, and analyzes results for all social media efforts and campaigns and leverages data to improve engagement and visibility
- Captures photo/video content of organization’s events, as appropriate, for social media channels
- Promotes select Brower Center exhibitions and programs by posting to online press calendar listings
- Attends staff meetings and retreats as assigned
- Opens and closes the front desk, lobby and gallery when arriving before or leaving after Brower Center staff
- Assists other staff with projects as requested, when possible within scheduled hours
- Assists with evacuation procedures during building emergencies
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree required. College degree and/or equivalent experience preferred
- Nonprofit experience preferred; familiarity with the environmental community is ideal
- Excellent customer services skills; ability to communicate effectively with people of all backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively meet deadlines and independently organize workflow
- Ability to work well both collaboratively and independently in a diverse office
- Proven proficiency with Mac and PC computers and Microsoft Office, Internet and email
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull and move furniture and equipment (up to 25 lbs.)
Please send resume and references to hiring [at] browercenter [dot] org with “Community Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter in the body of the email, resume, and two professional references, including name, phone number, and email address.
We regret that we cannot respond to all inquiries.
The David Brower Center is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Address: 2150 Allston Way, Suite 100