Arts Jobs - DetailCommunications & Administrative Assistant
Center for Cultural Innovation
San Francisco, CA
TITLE: Communications & Administrative Assistant, Bay Area
REPORTS TO: Program Director, Bay Area (or designated Manager)
DATE: Part-time position (20 – 25 hours per week,) effective January 8, 2018 COMPENSATION: $18-$20 per hour. CCI offers $50 commuter subsidy and voluntary retirement plan
General Description: Responsible for supporting and assisting CCI’s programs, and for providing communication and administrative support to CCI’s operations by maintaining databases, working with partners and affiliates, representing CCI publicly, activating CCI’s social media, answering phones, responding to emails, and performing light design work. Duties will include creating monthly newsletters, regularly processing grant applications for multiple unique funding programs using customized online database and internal tracking systems; routine preparation of applicant reports and grant notifications; and processing all stages of grantmaking processes, including primary responsibility for scholarship reimbursement and award forms. Reports to the Program Director, Bay Area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Program Director, Bay Area in the San Francisco office to support the general administrative functions and programmatic work for the office, including fielding phone calls and supporting staff.
- Provides public information and participates in CCI program communication efforts by responding via phone, email, and in person to a broad range of inquiries and technical assistance requests from artists, arts organizations, and the general public.
- Designs content for CCI’s communication platforms, newsletters, annual reports, grant proposals, and grant reports.
- Designs and posts pre-approved content on CCI’s various social media channels.
- Maintains organizational photo, quote, calendar, and shared document files.
- Records applicant data into customized online databases (Exware and GoSmart) and internal tracking systems to create various reports for staff and funders.
- Provides administrative, programmatic, and operational support of CCI programs, which includes but is not limited to reviewing and organizing grant applications, preparing panel notebooks, and coordinating convenings.
- Prepares, processes, tracks, and implements award (and declination) status notifications to all applicants.
- Tracks and processes grantee scholarship agreements and voucher forms, as well as grantee mid-term and final reports.
- Cleans, updates, imports, and reconciles applicant data on a regular basis to keep this data well-maintained.
- Researches local and national professional development opportunities to update the online Calendar of Events and Service Provider Directory as a service to the artist field.
- Attends, supports, and participates in various CCI programs, as assigned.
- Helps process staff expense reimbursements and scheduling, as assigned.
- Maintains schedule and work plan to stay on top of tasks and responsibilities.
- Supports other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Work Requirements:
- At least one year of administrative experience in an office environment (data administration and management preferred);
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, ongoing tasks;
- Highly self-motivated to work in a mission-specific nonprofit organization serving individuals in the arts—artists, cultural workers, designers, and arts workers;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to represent CCI—its programs, activities, and values—publicly;
- An artist (visual or design), or has knowledge or experience working with individual artists and/or the arts field;
- Strong working knowledge of standard office computer programs using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint;
- Design experience (using Adobe software) a plus;
- Working knowledge of social media and digital publishing platforms;
- Preferred, but not required, working knowledge of CSS, HTML, Exware, Constant Contact, Zoomerang, or Survey Monkey;
- Available for light travel, as assigned; and
- Flexibility to work periodic weekends and/or evenings to attend CCI supported programs, meetings and events using personal or public transportation within a 50-mile radius of employee’s home office.
Submit a current resume and cover letter describing your availability and interest in the position. Resumes and cover letters should be submitted as attachments (PDF or Word) by email to: Laura Poppiti at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject heading: “Communications & Administrative Assistant, Bay Area Position.”
Deadline to apply is January 22, 2018 or until filled.