Arts Jobs - DetailScheduler
Minnesota Street Project Art Services
San Francisco, CA
Minnesota Street Project Art Services provides a comprehensive, concierge-based art collection management service to private collectors, galleries, and institutions. Adhering to the best art handling practices, we document, inventory, store, and present artwork in conformance with museum standards, working with an extensive network of affiliated providers to crate, ship, conserve, and appraise client artworks. Our 50,000 ft2 storage facility features state-of the art environmental-control, security, and fire safety systems, as well as attractive client viewing rooms and a photography facility.
We are currently looking for a Scheduler to join our team of arts professionals.
- Exhibits a friendly and approachable demeanor with MSP staff, clients, and vendors, acting as a positive ambassador for the overall Project; ensures strong communication is facilitated and deadlines are continually met.
- Works in tandem with our Client Services Manager to schedule and maintain jobs efficiently and in a timely manner, maximizing field team utilization; receives emails, enters all pertinent details into the calendar, and communicates directly with various approved clients for all applicable follow up questions.
- Meets with the Art Services Manager, as needed, to gauge appropriate details for complicated jobs.
- Creates all daily paperwork for the field teams including bills of lading (BOLs), work orders, attachments, certificates of insurance (COIs), and top sheets.
- Spearheads all coordination necessary to expedite and complete a booking, including procuring COIs and proper releases of artworks with their owners, renting trucks, sourcing specialized materials, etc; keeps track of annual COI expirations for renewal.
- Expedites and tracks orders, submitting applicable forms to Accounting; consistently updates Client Services Manager on status of orders.
- Assists in anticipating large shipments, taking all necessary steps to streamline the incoming and outgoing shipment processes and ensure the proper staff is available for loading/offloading.
- Attends weekly department meetings, as well as occasional programming events at 1275 Minnesota Street.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- BA in Visual Arts, Humanities, Art History or equivalent required; MA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a museum, gallery or art shipping organization; must have first-hand field work knowledge.
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems, effectively prioritize, and manage time efficiently, ensuring projects stay on schedule.
- Demonstrated concern for detail, accuracy and precise execution of work; excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Proficient with PC and Mac operating systems and software, including Adobe and Microsoft Suites and FilemakerPro; knowledgeable with the G Suite.