Arts Jobs - DetailMembership and Development Coordinator
Arts Council Napa Valley
Job Title: Membership and Development Coordinator
Reports to: President & CEO
Status: Part-time, hourly ($17-$20/Hour Commensurate with Experience)
Summary Job Description: This position designs and implements membership and annual fund programs utilizing relationship-oriented, best practice and strong sales techniques to acquire and retain members and donors while supporting the mission and brand of Arts Council Napa Valley.
About the Position
The Membership & Development Coordinator is an important relationship cultivation and sales-oriented position, ideal for a highly motivated individual who enjoys working as part of a small entrepreneurial-spirited team and has a strong interest in supporting the growth of arts, culture and entertainment. Qualified candidates have excellent customer service, donor and client-oriented approach, strong interest in nonprofit fund development, professional written and verbal communication, and effective time-management and organization. Ideal for candidates familiar with and interested in arts industry relationship-cultivation, building individual donor retention, and corporate sponsorship. This role requires an ability to work in a team but also as a self-directed member under the guidance of the CEO. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make an impact in the community, attend a diverse array of events, support the local artists and arts administrators, and further develop a career in arts marketing. Position to start immediately.
- With CEO, create annual plan for membership program and activities, including annual and monthly income goals and expense budgets.
- Research trends in membership categories, benefits, premiums, programs.
- Develop recommendations for revised and refreshed membership program benefits and marketing.
- Develop and implement plans for retention, acquisition, and upgrades to meet or exceed annual income expectations.
- Design and manage member and donor segments to support matriculation and upgrades.
- Track and reconcile membership and donor actual revenue/cost against budget as well as key performance indicators.
- Create collateral materials for print and electronic communications, including membership brochures, regular member/email blasts, and donor/membership renewal and welcome packets.
- Liaise with the ACNV team to manage projects, timeframes, and ensure clear communications.
- Plan member and donor activities in collaboration with Executive Assistant and Outreach Coordinator, leveraging public relations and marketing assets for development and membership efforts.
- Plan and execute bi-annual Annual Fund campaigns using print, electronic, and other fundraising media.
- Maintain and analyze membership statistics (e.g. renewals, re-joins, new joins, upgrades and downgrades) and other reports (e.g. income analysis, cash flow and member counts).
- Track and update member/donor information in ACNV website and print materials.
- Liaise with Executive Assistant to train volunteers to promote and sell memberships; organize and manage membership sales incentive programs.
- Support gala and major donor events with planning and staffing.
- Organize membership sales table at public Museum events as needed.
- Coordinate member benefits with partner organizations such as Fractured Atlas, etc.
- Recruit, supervise and train development volunteers and interns in data entry, mailing support, and member/donor service.
- Supervise process of outside membership donation requests.
- Additional duties as assigned.
3 years membership or sales experience with history of meeting or exceeding goals; ability to design, organize and track appeals and interpret trends; proven ability to work independently and within budget; ability to manage strong relationships with a variety of constituents; ability to function effectively as team member and a willingness to participate in activities and assignments that help meet the goals of and objectives of the department; strong organizational skills and proficiency with data tracking systems. BA degree required.
Special Requirements: Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone:707.257.2117 ext. 102