Arts Jobs - DetailField Trip and Art Party Teaching Artists
Museum of Children's Arts (MOCHA)
The Museum of Children's Arts (MOCHA) offers programs in the museum's gallery and studios seven days a week. These include exhibitions, classes, workshops, field trips, open studio, seasonal camps, art parties, and community events.
MOCHA Teaching Artists work in the following settings:
- Field Trips: Artists lead classrooms and after-school groups in interactive art lessons and provide an introduction to the museum
- Art Parties: Artists facilitate art parties for children and their families
- Program Planning: Working with MOCHA staff, develop contextual and age-appropriate hands-on arts education lessons. Coordinate with MOCHA staff to obtain supplies and maintain a responsibility to museum facility and art supplies
- Art Instruction: Deliver 60 to 90 minute lessons that include discussion, hands-on art lesson, student-assisted clean-up and closing discussion for youth ranging in age from pre-K to 12th grade, and from a variety of backgrounds including students with special needs and children with English as a second language
- Meetings & Trainings. Attend all required meetings and training sessions
- Evaluations & Reports. Complete all necessary evaluations and reports, including standard MOCHA evaluations and any additional evaluations/forms required for grant-funded programs
- Experience providing hands-on arts education to youth
- Ability to demonstrate, engage, challenge and interest youth through the arts
- Experience designing and implementing developmentally appropriate art curriculum
- Knowledge of youth development and arts education principles and practices
- Ability to create safe, inclusive, supportive and creative environments for children, youth, families and volunteers
- Must have strong people skills and the ability to work well with children and adults
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, plan ahead, anticipate and articulate program needs, and work independently
- Ability to problem-solve, be flexible, and imaginative. A sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- Bilingual is a plus
This Position Reports To: Director of Programs
Hours: Artists may be assigned to work during the school day, after-school, and/or on weekends and evenings.
Rate of Pay: $22-25 an hour
To Apply: Please send a cover letter (explaining your interest in being a MOCHA Teaching Artist) and resume to email@example.com, subject: (Applicant Name) Field Trip/Art Party Application. Please note incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Selected applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and willing to submit to a background check, fingerprinting, and TB testing.
The Museum of Children’s Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.