Arts Jobs - DetailMembership and Annual Fund Associate
Oakland Museum of California
Oakland Museum of California
Req No 2017-1210
Type Regular Full-Time
Closing Date ..
Targeted Job Start Date 9/11/2017
- The Oakland Museum of California values are fundamental to our institutional culture and guide our work together.
- Excellence: We are committed to excellence and working at the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
- Community: We believe everyone should feel welcome and part of our community, both within the Museum and with our visitors and neighbors.
- Innovation: We embrace innovation and calculated risk-taking to achieve our mission.
- Commitment: Our work at the Museum demonstrates a sense of purpose and a shared accountability for the institution's success.
The Membership and Annual Fund Associate is responsible for supporting the Philanthropic and Advancement efforts of the institution. The position will primarily focus on administrative support duties and customer service related to the membership and annual fund activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects OMCA's definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. OMCA may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support the Museum's mission, values, vision, and core commitment to the visitor experience, community engagement, and institutional relevancy for the future
- Contribute to and support the OMCA strategic plan, annual priorities, and institutional initiatives such as diversity advancement
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture based on mutual respect, a spirit of collegiality, cooperation, and openness to many perspectives
- Participate in a culture of ongoing learning, collaboration, innovation, creativity, and community engagement.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Membership and Annual Fund Gift Administration
- Process and acknowledge gifts including new memberships and renewals, tribute, annual fund and matching gifts from corporations
- Process requests for in-kind membership donations
- Enter guest passes into Raiser's Edge for membership acquisition
- Maintain clean membership and database records
- Work collaboratively with Development staff to achieve new, renewal and lapsed Membership goals
- Maintain paper and electronic files for individual gifts
- Serve as primary customer service representative for the Membership telephone line during business hours
- Serve as secondary representative for membership email support
- Support department with general administrative functions as needed
- Assist department with event administration and facilitation as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge and abilities for this position is required as noted:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required
- A.A. or B.A. degree in relevant field preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience required
- Administrative and customer service experience, preferably with nonprofit membership or fundraising
- Professional phone etiquette with ability to problem solve, research situations and sell while keeping Member satisfaction high
- Relational Database experience (Raisers Edge) strongly preferred
- Large scale mail processing experience
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe, Smartsheet and Google Suite
- Professional letter composition while maintaining a friendly and customer-oriented tone
- English, fluent in both spoken and written form
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Noise, such as groups of people working in enclosed areas
- Typical office environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The Oakland Museum of California is a multicultural organization, committed to diversity and practicing equal opportunity employment in recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for open positions