Arts Jobs - DetailDirector of Development
New Conservatory Theatre Center
San Francisco, CA
New Conservatory Theatre Center is hiring a Director of Development.
NCTC Mission Statement
The New Conservatory Theatre Center champions, innovative high quality productions & educational theatre experiences for youth, artists, and the queer & allied communities to effect personal & societal growth, enlightenment and change.
The Director of Development is responsible for creating, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive annual fundraising program in support of NCTC’s programmatic needs, and for meeting or exceeding annual fundraising goals. The Director provides oversight of the individual and institutional giving programs and all development operations. The Director of Development will be a leader in the implementation of NCTC’s Strategic Plan in order to identify and articulate NCTC’s goals and objectives, and translate those into fundraising opportunities. The Director reports to the Executive Director and recommends fundraising policies and procedures with the goal of maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Create, implement and manage a comprehensive annual development plan to meet contributed income goals (currently $1.16M annually);
- Plan, oversee and lead identification, cultivation, and solicitation strategies to raise annual funds and major gifts from individuals, as well as funding from foundation grants, corporate underwriting, and campus and community partners.
- Monitor progress towards annual fundraising goals and intervene to adjust strategies or implement new strategies as needed;
- Grant writing and reporting
- Serve as the liaison to the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees; working with Board of Trustees leadership, plan and execute annual trustee giving campaign;
- Work closely with Executive Director to identify, cultivate and solicit new foundation and government donors; develop specific strategies and timelines for approaching new prospects.
- Develop and implement a strategy to secure new and increased corporate funding
- Develop a comprehensive stewardship plan for all annual, major gift, and corporate and foundation donors.
- Support the outreach, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts of the Artistic and Executive Directors
- Supervise the Development staff
- Keep abreast of fundraising trends and best practices
- Oversee the records and data management providing monthly reports on fundraising progress.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Experience managing and coordinating complex projects that have multiple tasks with competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- The ability to set priorities and schedules, to meet deadlines, and to follow through.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Salesforce, and social media preferred
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strong preference for local candidates: there is no relocation package available.
For more information visit our website: www.nctcsf.org
Address: New Conservatory Theatre Center, 25 Van Ness Ave., Lower lobby