Arts Jobs - DetailCommunications Intern
Aggregate Space Gallery
Aggregate Space Gallery (ASG) is currently accepting applications for one non-paid Communications Internship position beginning immediately. An internship at ASG offers hands on experience working with the visual arts community of makers and intellectuals in a lively art hub with a gallery space, fabrication shop, projection spaces, and art studios in close proximity to downtown Oakland. Our mission is to make immersive conceptual art experiences accessible to our community. We are dedicated to sculptural and new media video works by Bay Area artists and provide extensive in-house resources and expertise to create and promote engaging, unparalleled projects. This internship will be a good fit for those with a strong desire to engage the art community, be tech savvy, creative, always up to date on local current events, is enthusiastic, self motivated and shows attention to detail. You may be required to work independently, as part of a group, or engage directly with the public. Background or strong interest in nonprofit administration and/or mission-oriented marketing required.
Proficiency in using Windows 7/10 and Mac OS operating systems, database systems such as Salesforce, social media outlets; and Adobe Creative Suite programs preferred.
The skills acquired in this internship will be applicable to other non-profit art and multimedia professions.
Although this position is unpaid, interns completing 100 hours of work will receive free enrollment in an ASG class of your choice and free attendance to select special events.
Duration of Internship: 9 months or other duration as appropriate.
- Photograph/video events and gallery exhibitions
- Produce promotional materials and advertisements including posters and postcards
- Research and compile media lists and resources for program marketing
- Update website and social media information
- Organize and update image database
- Enter contacts into Salesforce
- File and maintain electronic and printed records Requirements:
- A sincere interest in and/or experience working with non profit art organizations
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mac OSX and MS Office proficiency
- Salesforce experience a huge plus
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign + FileZilla and basic HTML experience
- Photography, videography, graphic and web design skills are a huge plus
- Flexible availability, with at least 4 hours/week on Fridays or Saturdays
- Cover letter detailing why you want this internship
- Resume (please include computer experience, including what applications you are experienced with)
Please email all materials with “Communications Internship” in the subject line to Interviews are by appointment only with selected candidates. No phone calls, please.