Arts Jobs - DetailWeb Multimedia Production Internship
Aggregate Space Gallery
Aggregate Space Gallery (ASG) is an independent, artist-run exhibition and performance space in West Oakland dedicated to the exploration and presentation of innovative sculptural and new media works by Bay Area visual artists. We provide extensive in-house resources and expertise that enable artists to create and promote intellectually-engaging and immersive projects. We also provide a public platform for films, lectures, and performances by innovative regional artists and thinkers whose work ignites critical dialogue.
Aggregate Space Gallery (ASG) is currently accepting applications for one non-paid Web Multimedia Production Internship position beginning immediately. An internship at ASG offers hands on experience working with the visual arts community of makers and intellectuals in a lively art hub with a gallery space, fabrication shop, projection spaces, and art studios in close proximity to downtown Oakland. Our mission is to make immersive conceptual art experiences accessible to our community. We are dedicated to sculptural and new media video works by Bay Area artists and provide extensive in-house resources and expertise to create and promote engaging, unparalleled projects. This internship will focus on producing video and photo pieces from past and present ASG exhibition and events to be used for promotion on our website, social networking sites, grant proposals, and for generating public interest in our programs. Interns will receive individualized training in various aspects of communications and marketing management. Interns will also learn a variety of tools across multiple platforms to broaden ASGʼs outreach efforts and to develop new strategies of community and audience engagement. The skills acquired in this internship will be applicable to other non-profit art and multimedia professions. Although this position is unpaid, interns completing 100 hours of work will receive free enrollment in an ASG class of your choice and free attendance to select special events.
Duration of Internship: 9 months or other duration as appropriate.
- Photograph and/or record video of events and gallery exhibitions
- Produce promotional materials and advertisements including posters and postcards
- Edit videos for Vimeo from past and present events
- Managing regular Vimeo uploads
- Printing signs on digital inkjet printers, vinyl plotter, or standard office printer
- Assess and organize growing institutional archive
- Experience with Mac OS and Windows 10 operating systems
- Basic or Intermediate knowledge of video editing in Adobe Premiere
- Willingness to learn proper codecs and file formats for web video production
- Photoshop/Illustrator for designing title graphics for video
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign for designing and producing web optimized graphics and basic HTML
- Lightroom experience for managing exhibition photos and archive
- Ability to storyboard or outline for planning video and audio content
- Social media sites experience (Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
Photography, videography, graphic and web design skills are a huge plus.
- A sincere interest in and/or experience working with nonprofit art organizations
- Good verbal communication skills
- Flexible availability, with at least 4 hours/week on Fridays or Saturdays. Some evening hours are required to cover events and gallery openings.
- Cover letter detailing why you want this internship
- Resume (please include computer experience, including what applications you are experienced with)
- Samples of photo/video work, (documentary style work is preferred but any type of photo/video work will be accepted) Please email all materials with “Web Multimedia Production Internship” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews are by appointment only with selected candidates.