Arts Jobs - DetailAs-Needed Data Collector
Asian Art Museum
San Francisco, CA
Provides a variety of specialized support functions to research and evaluation projects; assists with survey collection, visitor interviews and visitor observations both on-site at the Asian Art Museum and off-site at other locations in the community; completes data entry of research and evaluation data.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Conducts survey collection projects, including, but not limited to, visitor exit surveys, public programs surveys, school programs surveys, etc. Recruits visitors, monitors materials and equipment, troubleshoots problems that arise.
- Conducts data collection via interviews, observations, and other evaluation methods as needed.
- Completes data entry of survey, interview, and observation data. Checks entered data to ensure it is complete and accurate.
- B.A. degree plus one (1) year relevant experience in museum evaluation or market research desired; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Strong customer service skills; comfort and approachability when addressing visitors of all walks of life for research
- Excellent attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Strong computer skills including solid proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin desirable
PLEASE NOTE: This job requires regular evening and weekend work hours.
$21.0540 per hour
Apply online at http://asianart.snaphire.com/?job=9417CAC
* The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 18,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.*
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.
Address: 200 Larkin Street