Arts Jobs - DetailSF Playhouse Seeks New Member of Front of House Team!
San Francisco Playhouse
San Francisco, CA
Concessionaire/Front of House
As of: September 20, 2017
Status: Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Hours: Approx. 20 - 25 per week
Schedule: Weekends and Evenings required (Sunday Shifts Non-Negotiable)
Commuter Benefits Available
Join the San Francisco Playhouse! We are located in a 199-seat venue in the heart of San Francisco’s Theatre, District, one block from Union Square. In addition to our Mainstage Season, which produces six shows over 46 weeks, we actively engage in the community through our Rising Stars education program and support young professionals in the industry through our Sandbox series of world premieres.
As a member of our Front of House team, you will primarily work on our concessions team. Concessionaires generally work in pairs to provide SFPH patrons with beverages and snacks to improve their theatre-going experience. Regular side-tasks are also part of the job to keep the bar running smoothly. Concessionaires may be called upon to work special events.
Additionally, this individual will serve as additional Front of House support, serving as Front of House Manager for all Sunday performances plus other shifts as needed. Our Front of House Managers liaise between Stage Management and Box Office, ensuring a pleasant theatre-going experience for all our Patrons.
- Liaise with Front of House Manager to ensure concessions orders keep curtain times on schedule
- Set-up bar and lobby prior to lobby opening
- Ring up concessions sales using ShopKeep
- Serve Beer, Wine and Mixed Drinks to Patrons
- Maintain bar cleanliness and organization during shift.
- Assist Front of House Manager with any spills or accidents as they occur
- Restock any supplies before end of shift
- Close out Concessions Sales at end of shift
- Front of House
- Brief and supervise up to 6 volunteer ushers per shift (new people daily)
- Liaise with Box Office to fix ticket issues, and Stage Management to keep the show running on time
- Make announcements regarding house opening and intermission ending
- Answer questions, direct traffic, and keep the show running smoothly
- Seat late-arriving patrons according to policy
- Ensure seating area is cleaned after overreach performance
- Write and distribute daily show reports
- Availability: Candidate is expected to commit to the following:
- All Sunday Front of House shifts
- 3-4 Concessions shifts per week
- Holidays: While San Francisco Playhouse is closed in observance of Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, candidate is expected to be available to work the performances on the days surrounding these holidays.
- Customer Service Experience Required
- Bartending Experience Preferred
- Catering Experience a plus
- Background in Theatre Arts a plus (House Management or Stage Management experience a definite plus!)
- Computer savvy and a people person
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs, use stairs and remain standing for 2 hours at a time
- Must be a flexible team player who can think on their feet. If you can have fun at work while maintaining a professional, positive attitude, you are the person for us!