Arts Jobs - DetailStudio Manager
Lockhart Studio Inc
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles artist working in film, photography, and installation seeks an experienced professional to manage her studio’s administration, day-to-day operations, art production, and business operations. The Studio Manager will be able to represent the artist in all external matters, and run the studio and business-related matters in her best interests. Candidates must enjoy working with artists in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable working independently as well as in a small team. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, driven, solutions-oriented person who would be interested in growing with the artist and the studio.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate proven experience in project management, leadership, budget management, staff oversight, and managing upwards. She or he must have superior organizational skills, be highly detail-oriented and able to efficiently delegate tasks.
She or he should have an intuitive grasp of technology and be proficient in Apple computers and devices, Filemaker Pro and Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Adobe CS is a plus. Special consideration will be given to someone with skills in lens-based media, photography, film, and/or video production.
- Oversight and coordination of day-to-day studio operations, fabrication of art work, exhibitions, publications, and special projects
- Project budgeting and scheduling
- Field, assess, and address all inquiries for artist’s participation in screenings, exhibitions, talks, etc.
- Day-to-day studio maintenance and operations
- Maintaining and systematizing artist’s digital and physical inventory and archives
- Grants research and writing applications
- Serve as primary point of contact for all studio communications with galleries, institutions, production vendors, and collectors
- Hiring and managing studio assistants and interns
- Troubleshooting IT and operations logistics
- Quickly identify problems, and effectively implement solutions
- Working closely with the bookkeeper to ensure the studio’s overall financial health
- Maintaining the studio and artist’s schedule, appointments, and travel arrangements
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing an artist’s studio, or working in arts administration in museum or gallery setting
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Availability to work outside normal business hours on an as needed basis (Studio Manager is responsible for working with artist’s international galleries and on international projects)
- Great attitude—no task is too small
- Knowledge of art history, and photo and film production
- Proven relationships with collectors and museum professionals
Salary range is $45,000-$55,000.
Position is five days per week. Please send your resume, one-page cover letter, and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org