Arts Jobs - DetailVisitor Experience Associate
Oakland Museum of California
Oakland Museum of California
Req No 2017-1217
Category Visitor Experience
Type Regular Part-Time
Closing Date ..
Targeted Job Start Date 10/15/2017
The Oakland Museum of California values are fundamental to our institutional culture and guide our work together.
Excellence: We are committed to excellence and working at the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Community: We believe everyone should feel welcome and part of our community, both within the Museum and with our visitors and neighbors.
Innovation: We embrace innovation and calculated risk-taking to achieve our mission.
Commitment: Our work at the Museum demonstrates a sense of purpose and a shared accountability for the institution's success.
The Part-time Visitor Experience Associate works with a team as front line floor staff to provide guests and visitors with high standard customer service as representatives of OMCA. The work schedule is up to 20 hours per week: Wednesday or Thursday 10:30-5:00, Friday 10:30-5:00 or 5:00-9:00, and Saturday or Sunday 9:30-6:00.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects OMCA's definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. OMCA may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support the Museum's mission, values, vision, and core commitment to the visitor experience, community engagement, and institutional relevancy for the future
- Contribute to and support the OMCA strategic plan, annual priorities, and institutional initiatives such as diversity advancement
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture based on mutual respect, a spirit of collegiality, cooperation, and openness to many perspectives
- Participate in a culture of ongoing learning, collaboration, innovation, creativity, and community engagement
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Service Delivery
- Provide OMCA GOLD standard of customer service to all museum visitors by greeting and welcoming visitors, and offering helpful direction to a variety of museum offerings
- Sell admission tickets through electronic Point of Sale system
- Promote and sell museum memberships
- Provide accurate information and answers in a timely manner about exhibitions, programs, and events to all visitors
- Respond to visitor inquiries and requests
- Monitor museum general information line and return calls within 1 business day
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge and abilities for this position is required as noted:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required
- 1-3 years of related experience required
- Customer service practices and principles
- Knowledge of basic math with demonstrated proficiency in handling money/cashiering
- Interest in California, Art, History, Natural Sciences, or museum-related subjects
- English, fluent in both spoken and written form
- A secondary language, such as Spanish or Chinese, is desired
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- First Aid/CPR certified
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Noise, such as groups of people working in enclosed areas
- Typical office environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The Oakland Museum of California is a multicultural organization, committed to diversity and practicing equal opportunity employment in recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for open positions.