Arts Jobs - DetailOperations Manager
AXIS Dance Company
AXIS Dance Company is seeking a self-starting, detail-oriented, independent team member with an eagerness to support and drive efficient administrative systems, planning and project management
AXIS Dance Company (AXIS) exists to change the face of dance and disability through Artistry, Engagement and Advocacy. Celebrating 30 years of rule-breaking, AXIS is a highly acclaimed ensemble of performers with and without disabilities creating dynamic work that shatters assumptions and builds community. Founded by Judith Smith and now under the Artistic Direction of Marc Brew, the Company has toured throughout the USA and internationally. AXIS has received seven Isadora Duncan Dance Awards and has been featured on KQED's SPARK and KRCB's One in 5 Stories has appeared twice on FOX TV's So You Think You Can Dance, exposing our genre of dance to millions. AXIS also maintains an extensive education/outreach program for people of all ages and abilities that has over 140 touch points with audiences annually. Our office and studio are located in the multicultural Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts in downtown Oakland.
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Operations Manager will serve as an important advocate of AXIS, coordinating a variety of functions (both internal and external), to sustain a strong foundation for the Company. Monitoring, supporting and coordinating the activities necessary to ensure the smooth flow of day-to-day operations, they are responsible for planning, organization, financial management, administrative and logistical follow through for the company, including the preparation, communication, coordination and storage of data, content and materials to support fundraising, marketing, outreach, production and other important operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The Operations Manager coordinates the administrative and financial needs of the Company and manages the day-to-day operations of the office. This position establishes and implements systems for organizational efficiency and growth throughout the full office. They oversee finance with an accounting partner as well as human resources. In collaboration with Artistic staff, they are responsible for managing travel logistics and registration systems for all educational programming. Additional tasks include intern and volunteer recruitment and management.
- BA (required)
- A strong commitment to the mission, goals and work of AXIS Dance Company
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, organization and communication skills
- Skilled at handling detailed work accurately, and with a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines successfully within ambitious time frames
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively as needed
- Effective interpersonal skills with management, staff, dancers, donors, and community
- Must be able to work flexible hours when needed
- Strong computer skills that include a familiarity with Mac and PC word processing & Web platforms (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Squarespace and social media)
- Experience working with people of all ages, socio-economic backgrounds, physical abilities, ethnicities, and sexualities
- Experience with Balance Sheets, Profit & Loss reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Experience with grant release management, grant budgeting and grant reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer
AXIS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and people with disabilities.
Status: Full Time (exempt)
Benefits: AXIS offers medical, paid vacation and sick time.
Please submit cover letter and resume asap to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preferred start date October 30th with potential training days October 20-30.
Addressee:Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts
Address: 1428 Alice Street, Suite 200