Arts Jobs - DetailArt Handler / Prep.
Art Handler / Prep. Los Angeles Region (Carson, CA). U.S.Art is the nation's largest fine art handling company. Operating for over 30 years, our company provides the most comprehensive, museum-quality art handling services in the country. We are committed to providing unparalleled services to museums, galleries, and private collectors.
The Art Handler / Prep candidates must be highly motivated, detail oriented, team players with prior experience at a museum, gallery, or other art handling company. This is an hourly position, 5 days a week. We offer health insurance, 401K, profit sharing, paid sick and vacation days. Benefits start to accrue after 90 days.
Skills are to include, but not limited to-
- Knowledge of best practices for wrapping and packing 2-D nd 3-D objects. Ability to select proper archival and other packing materials depending upon the medium, surfaces, condition, and fragility of a particular work.
- Know how to pack a slat crate, travel frame, shadow box, slipcase, cavity pack, and standart crating techniques.
- Know how to properly wrap, load, and strap artworks within a truck to keep them safe in transport.
- Prepare condition reports.
- Install artwork using various hardware and in changing settings.
Possible employees must-
- Pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Have a vaild driver license.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Provide you own basic tool kit.
- Lift 50 lbs.