Arts Jobs - DetailAssistant Manager, Annual Fund
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Assistant Manager, Annual Fund
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
To support the activities of the Annual Fund Department.
- Manage benefit fulfillment for the Annual Fund campaigns and assist the Senior Manager of Annual Fund in planning benefits each season.
- Work with Marketing Department to create all aspects of Annual Fund materials including Telefunding pledge letterhead, Bowl Parking subscription inserts, Direct Mail inserts, benefits mailing twice per year, program solicitation inserts, and other jobs as needed.
- Strategize with Annual Fund Senior Manager on improvements to the Donor Valet Parking campaign including meeting with various departments within the LA Phil, tracking past and current trends in ticket and valet parking buyers, analyzing reports for proposed changes, and create materials each year with approved changes to send to donors and patrons.
- Routinely fulfill donor benefits such as invitational rehearsals, ticket premiums, special thank you gifts, guided tours, backstage passes, etc.
- Work with catering and rental vendors, prepare documents, invitations, and managing staff and volunteers at events.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Annual Fund in responding to Friends inquiries and questions, processing certain donor and matching gifts with the appropriate coding, and preparing for special mailings.
- Manage all calls and responses to/from donors from two public email inboxes and one public phone line in tandem with Annual Fund Coordinator
- Work with Development Operations and Annual Fund Senior Manager to determine best management of gift coding in database from all Annual Fund revenue streams; help create new coding gift coding each fiscal year.
- Assist with the Hollywood Bowl Donor Valet Parking solicitation process including renewal and acquisition efforts through mail, phone and in person.
- Keep detailed records of space availability by series and waiting lists for the Donor Valet Parking program.
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with subscriptions, telefunding and telemarketing managers, Box Office, Bowl Operations, Audience Services staff and donors.
- Attend Hollywood Bowl concerts to oversee Donor Valet Parking area as necessary.
- Plan and execute Pre-Concert Receptions, YOLA tours, Bowl tours, WDCH tours and Archives tours for Friends level donors.
- Work with Development Special Events team, being main contact in Annual Fund for all Friends Invitational Rehearsals, including proofing program, RSVP list, reminders to Friends, and be on-site liaison between the Special Events team and donors attending.
- Cultivate and maintain donor relationships with members of the Friends by organizing and attending donor events and activities.
- Maintain electronic files for annual giving solicitations and benefits fulfillment on donor database and MS Office programs.
- Manipulate and analyze files in order to properly execute direct response fundraising programs.
- Help plan the Staff and Orchestra campaigns, including renewal and acquisition efforts, benefit fulfillment and acknowledgement.
- Work with Annual Fund team to plan and execute Staff Campaign celebration each year.
- Work with database team to coordinate acknowledgement letters and receipts.
- Coordinate folding and stuffing letters, receipts, and appropriate benefits and supervise volunteers and intern(s) as needed.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Annual Fund in coordinating telefunding and direct mail campaign logistics.
- Prepare for fiscal year close and start each September in maintaining general documents, common space, and materials used by Annual Fund Responsible for organization of all Annual Fund documents on M drive and hardcopy materials.
- Update "Give" section on LA Phil websites frequently, including monthly donor listings, campaign program language, benefits listing, and staff personnel changes.
- Be liaison with telefunding, direct mail, and list management vendors as necessary.
- Together with other members of the Annual Fund Team, develop strategies for all Annual Fund programs.
- Assist with training of Annual Fund interns, assistants, and volunteers with necessary duties to organize the team on a regular basis.
- Work with USPS on an ongoing basis to maintain Business Reply account to receive donations processed through the Annual Fund P.O. account.
- Research new benefits, incentives and promotions for Friends level donors on an on-going basis.
- Research best practices for Annual Fund stewardship and cultivation projects from other organizations like the LA Phil.
- Update database as needed with response from donor requests, important and helpful tracking information, and place attributes on donor records for assistance in better list pulls.
- Focus on new relationships with first-year Friends level donors via phone, email, mail, and by inviting them to stewardship events.
- Personal solicitation of Annual Fund gifts for fiscal year end, calendar year end and special requests to reach Annual Fund goals.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as assigned.
- Minimum three years experience in non-profit development required
- Direct response fundraising experience desired
- Have high ethical standards and commitment to excellence in all work related endeavors
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrate ability to work as part of a team when needed or as single contributor; always interacting respectfully and professionally
- Extensive desktop computing skills necessary (competency with Word, Excel, Outlook required.)
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Strong organization and time management skills including ability to multi-task, prioritize and work within deadlines
- B.A. in the arts preferred or equivalent experience
- Music background preferred
- Excellent customer service and phone etiquette.
- Experience using fundraising database, preferably Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge and /or Ticketmaster Archtics is a plus
- Candidate must possess excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successfully completed.
Address: 151 South Grand Avenue