Arts Jobs - DetailProduction Manager
Kingsmen Shakespeare Company
Thousand Oaks, CA
The Kingsmen Shakespeare Company is seeking a Production Manager for its 2017 Summer Festival Season beginning June 1, 2017 and continuing through August 11, 2017. (Kingsmen Shakespeare Company operates under an AEA LORT D LOA contract and employs 9 AEA actors and 2 AEA stage managers.)
- Coordinating and communicating with the Artistic Director, Executive Director, Production Directors, and AEA stage managers.
- Assisting the artistic staff in the hiring of various production technicians.
- Keeping the various production departments (i.e. Scenic Designer, Lighting Designer, Costume Designer, Master Electrician, Sound Engineer, Property Master, etc.) within the established budget and on schedule.
- Ensure strict adherence to schedules and deadlines.
- Drive truck to pick up props, costumes, gear, etc as needed and directed by the Artistic staff.
- Oversee the set up of the Festival stage and lighting truss.
- Oversee and organize load-in and strike of the sets for both Festival productions.
- Organize and lead regular production meetings along with Stage Manager for each Festival Production
- Maintain a supervisory and hands-on role though out the production and tech weeks.
- Be available throughout the run of the production to deal with miscellaneous matters as they arise.
- Oversee special Theatre Camp and Apprentice scheduling and performances.
Salary is contingent on availability and experience