Arts Jobs - DetailResident Sound Designer
Laguna Beach, CA
Resident Sound Designer Job
The Laguna Playhouse, a professional LORT theatre company in Laguna Beach, California, seeks an experienced Resident Sound Designer. This employee will report directly to the Production Manager. Applicants should have Sound Design, Sound Engineering, and Sound Operator experience along with a comfort working in a fast-paced environment. This is a full time staff position.
- Design, supervise, and execute the implementation of Laguna Playhouse Mainstage and Youth Theatre sound designs.
- Act as Sound Engineer and Front of House Mixer for all Laguna Playhouse Productions. The Laguna Playhouse incorporates the "line by line" mixing style of many Broadway musicals.
- Collaborate with electrics, wardrobe, and running crew.
- Serve as Master Sound Engineer for all external and internal rental events.
- Event related responsibilities:
- Install speaker systems
- Prepare consoles
- Maintain and upkeep equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair audio equipment.
- Prepare orchestra "pit" as needed
- Install and troubleshoot closed circuit video and intercom systems as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- BFA in Audio/ Sound design or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 2 years' educational/professional theatre experience in sound design/ audio department.
- High level supervisory experience and ability to lead a crew.
- Working knowledge of Yamaha line of audio consoles.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain all audio equipment including wireless mics, recording equipment and speaker systems.
- Experience with "line by line" mixing style.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the abilities to work well under pressure, make decisions, and represent the organization well.
- An excellent customer oriented and service based demeanor to ensure all events receive top level audio support.
- Candidates must be able to lift 75lbs, work at heights, and have a valid driver license.
About Laguna Playhouse
The mission of Laguna Playhouse is to enrich lives through the magic of live theatre, to provide educational opportunities for children and adults, and to create experiences that stimulate cultural and social interaction and inspire our community.
Laguna Playhouse is an historic Equity theatre located in the charming arts colony of Laguna Beach, California. Steps away from the Pacific Ocean, Laguna Playhouse is known for its year-round season of captivating comedies, dramas, musicals, stand-up comedy and family fare. Founded as a community theatre in 1920, Laguna Playhouse is one of the oldest continuously operating, not-for-profit theatres on the West Coast.
A member of the League of Resident Theatres, Laguna Playhouse often features stage and screen stars who come to Laguna Beach for its upscale lifestyle, pristine beaches, fine dining, and numerous artistic offerings, all within minutes of the theatre. In addition to its theatrical offerings, Laguna Playhouse hosts a wide variety of performing artists on its Moulton Stage throughout the year. It is home to the annual Laguna Dance Festival, Laguna Beach Music Festival and Laguna Concert Band. Laguna Playhouse invites children as well as adults to attend special productions designed for young audiences
Competitive, includes overtime pay and benefits.
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
606 Laguna Canyon Road
Laguna Beach, California 92651
For more information, go to: www.lagunaplayhouse.com
Addressee:Louisa Balch, General Manager
Address: 606 Laguna Canyon Road