Arts Jobs - DetailArt Studio Coordinator
Promising Futures, Inc.
El Cajon CA
PFI is currently seeking a working artist with experience managing others in a studio setting. Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities is preferred, specifically working with clients with behavioral needs. The Studio Coordinator is responsible for managing a team of art assistants and for providing supervision for client data: goals, behavioral tracking and monthly tabulations.
Our mission at the Art Studio at Promising Futures is to provide a meaningful outlet for communication and expression through creativity. In a professional supported studio environment, our artists learn art techniques that are adaptable and meet a variety of individual needs. Artists are exposed to various artistic mediums, including painting, drawing, sculpture, bookbinding, jewelry making, photography, printmaking, fiber art and more. We strive to foster the development of new skills and to increase self-worth through the arts. The artists of PFI produce work that is imaginative and inventive. This artwork is displayed in our own studio/ gallery as well as being submitted to art shows outside of our own program.
We are committed to providing a safe, rich environment for each of our clients while facilitating independent skill development in all areas of daily living.
- Minimum qualifications include a High school diploma. Bachelor degree in the arts and/or one year
- Experience working in a hands-on art instruction setting preferred.
- Examples of artwork, portfolio or website will need to be provided by the applicant.
- Preferred one year experience working with people with developmental disabilities with moderate to severe behaviors.
- Hours Monday - Friday, 40 Hours per week.
- Salary commensurate with experience, education and proven abilities.
- Health, Dental, Life Insurance paid by the agency, 401K plans, sick, holiday & paid vacation time.
- Responsible for the progress and success of the art department, along with client behavioral goals and vocational training objectives.
- Manage, supervise and train a team of art assistant/ job coach support staff including analyzing their collected data and client documentation folders.
- Responsible for fundraising duties including requesting donations from businesses for annual fundraiser/ raffle.
- Setting up, developing new events, art shows and pop-up sales at locations both on and off site.
- Provide physical assistance & supervision during behavioral interventions while ensuring client safety, protection of individual rights and dignity.
Promising Futures, Inc. (PFI) is a non-profit organization committed to quality care for the developmentally disabled population of San Diego, CA. PFI was founded in 1989 by parents who believed quality residential and day program services should be available to all families.
Here at PFI, we specialize in serving individuals who have needs which cannot be effectively met by other existing programs. This includes services to persons who have autism, intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, and severe behavioral disorders.
Our treatment goals target independent living, self-care, cognitive, social, emotional, and communication objectives. We recognize that everyone is different and requires services and programs specially tailored to meet their individual needs. We also offer a variety of vocational experiences that enhance our client creativity, such as, our art department, garden and skill programs.
At Promising Futures we strive to improve independence, in fact, our clients meet most of their goals with 80% or higher success rates annually because we believe that Independence begins with self-dignity and awareness of one's own value to those around him or her. We are committed to providing a safe, rich environment for each of our clients while facilitating independent skill development in all areas of daily living.
Every day our staff demonstrate a commitment to the success of our clients and each other, and we are rewarded for our loyalty and performance. Join us and experience the richness of making a difference in someone life today.
Address: 109 E. Lexington Ave