Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing & Development Coordinator
Walnut Creek, CA
The California Symphony seeks a Marketing & Development Coordinator, an important support role for the organization’s growth of earned and contributed revenue reporting to the Director of Marketing & Patron Loyalty. The Marketing & Development Coordinator is responsible for executing elements of the CSO’s marketing plan, annual fund, and donor benefit fulfillment; all aspects of the job work together to achieve the organization’s overall patron loyalty goals. This position covers a broad range of responsibilities and is ideal for someone ambitious and self-driven wanting to gain practical and valuable experience at a growing, fast-paced arts organization. Read our blog to learn more about how we focus on patron loyalty and how we’re pretty geeky about it: https://medium.com/@CaliforniaSymphony/latest
Core duties include:
- Serve as front lines point of contact for patrons and donors, answering questions via phone and general info email account, and processing RSVPs, donations, and ticket requests for events produced in-house
- Execution of patron loyalty activities, such as pulling mailing lists and mailing first time attendee follow-up postcards, repeat attendee cards, and similar retention tactics
- Support development efforts, including merging and mailing solicitations, tracking gifts as they come in online and via post, and sending acknowledgement letters to donors, foundations, and corporations
- Liaison with performance venues’ ticket offices, including transfers of sales data, patron information, and managing comp ticket list
- Producing multiple reports: weekly ticket sales report, Google Analytics reports on ad and email campaign performance, and development/fundraising reports
- Building and deploying email blasts to various segments of database
- Assistance with company social media presence: drafting editorial calendar across channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), writing copy and creating images for posts, scheduling posts, and monitoring and engaging in conversation as the online voice of the organization
- Administration of patron database: regular imports of sales data; maintaining proper data hygiene; pulling reports as requested; building events for sale; integration with MailChimp email platform and other partner apps; and periodic uploads to TRG DataCenter (shared community database)
- Provide support to annual gala and donor cultivation events as assigned
- Assist with website maintenance, such as updating event information, making basic copy changes as requested, and adding images
- Graphic design for in-house produced collateral across web, digital, and print
- Various administrative tasks such as creating check requests for marketing and development invoices, managing and ordering office supplies, and making bank deposits. This position also necessitates some physical labor, such as carrying wine to events, loading in lobby displays at concerts, and running errands occasionally as needed.
- Attendance at concerts and events, which often take place outside of normal business hours on evenings and weekends; responsible for managing information table at concerts (can be achieved by overseeing volunteers).
Qualifications/requirements to be successful:
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent general communication skills and copywriting skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, balance and prioritize a high-volume of projects and activities
- A high level of knowledge of current and emerging trends surrounding social media, and ability/desire to maintain this knowledge as trends change
- Ability and desire to grow analytical skills through utilizing tools such as Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook Insights, and Vendini patron database
- Must work well in a high-pressure environment with many deadlines and demands, sometimes competing from different departments within the organization
- Basic design, html or web editing skills a plus
- Ability to develop strong internal and external working relationships
- Interest in classical music is strongly preferred
- This position is full-time
- Benefits include generous paid time off policy, health insurance, monthly transit/parking stipend, and flexible work hours
- Opportunity for significant personal and professional growth
About the California Symphony:
Now in its 30th year, the California Symphony is distinguished for its concert programs that combine classics alongside American repertoire and lesser-known works, its highly regarded Young American Composer-in-Residence program, its nationally recognized education programs, and for bringing music to people in new and unconventional settings. The orchestra is comprised of musicians who have performed with the orchestras of the San Francisco Symphony, San Francisco Opera, San Francisco Ballet, and others.
California Symphony has launched the careers of some of today’s most-performed composers and soloists, including violinist Sarah Chang, cellist Alisa Weilerstein, and composers such as Mason Bates, Christopher Theofanidis, and Kevin Puts. The orchestra has recently expanded its regional base in the greater San Francisco Bay Area with performances at the Napa Valley Performing Arts Center’s Lincoln Theater in Yountville, the Concord Pavilion in Concord and with Postmodern Jukebox and Cirque de la Symphonie in Oakland, all in addition to performing at its home at the Lesher Center for the Arts in Walnut Creek, where it performs five concert programs throughout the year, some with repeated performances and more expansion coming in the 2017/18 Season.
California Symphony Music Director Donato Cabrera has been the Music Director and Conductor for the California Symphony since 2013. He was also Resident Conductor of the San Francisco Symphony and the Wattis Foundation Music Director of the San Francisco Symphony Youth Orchestra from 2009 to July 2016, when he stepped down to pursue a thriving international conducting career. In 2014, Cabrera was appointed Music Director of the Las Vegas Philharmonic Orchestra in addition to his post at the California Symphony.
Over the last three years, the CSO has instilled new leadership with Maestro Cabrera and Executive Director Aubrey Bergauer, and the California Symphony is undergoing a period of growth. Many orchestras talk about attracting new audiences and developing new and different programming—we are actually doing it and have gained national attention from outlets such as Wall Street Journal, prominent arts blogs Sandow, Adaptistration, and Inside the Arts, and the League of American Orchestras. We have built a team of smart, driven, and forward-thinking individuals who are working together to redefine how a modern American orchestra can serve and remain relevant to its constituents, and we invite a like-minded rising leader to join us.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of the California Symphony to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, marital status or any characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone call or email inquiries, please