Arts Jobs - DetailCommunications Coordinator
Ctrs. For Research on Creativity
POSITION: Communications Coordinator, Part-time
COMPENSATION: Part time, temporary (3 months) – permanent | $19/hr. | 30 hrs./wk.
The Centers for Research on Creativity (CRoC) seeks to understand human creativity and the conditions that can promote imaginative approaches to learning, design, and problem solving.
CRoC partners with clients to evaluate their in-school and after-school programs (grades 3 – 12). Typically, these programs are offered in the visual, literary, and performing arts, yet our range of client programs include makers clubs, youth leadership programs, environmental stewardship, and cross-curricular studies.
CRoC engages clients in a collaborative process to design multi-dimensional studies that elicit valuable feedback on programmatic structure, content, outcomes, and impacts. CRoC interacts with a wide variety of professionals across sectors – primary and secondary education, public benefit, government, academia, and business.
We seek a Communications Coordinator who will embrace CroC’s mission and the objectives of our clients, while performing a hybrid of duties related to communications, marketing, producing, writing,
and editing. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with our small, dynamic team in the main office, located in Topanga, CA and in the field (throughout the United States and abroad). This position reports to the Assistant Director and will remain open until filled.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated interest in creativity, arts, youth development, and education
- Demonstrated capacity for effective storytelling in narrative, non-fiction form
- Journalistic coursework/experience desirable, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to converse with a wide range of people across arenas and age groups
- Diverse communication experience across forms (professional, creative, personal) and platforms (website, blog, email newsletter, print, visual)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google products (Drive, Mail, Excel, and Calendar)
- Fluency in social media platforms with text, image, and video
- Act as a representative of CRoC and a primary point of contact for clients and field teams
- Participate in regularly scheduled calls and/or Skype sessions with clients and field teams
- Work collaboratively with Assistant Director and staff to develop and implement a coordinated marketing and communication plan for CRoC services, books, publications, and speaking engagements using website, email, and coordinated social media platforms
TO APPLY: CRoC is located in Topanga Canyon, please consider drive time investments before you apply. Submit your resume, storytelling sample (narrative, non-fiction), and a cover letter to us describing why you are a good match for our company culture and mission. Submit your materials to Kim Zanti at email@example.com.