Arts Jobs - DetailFront Desk Assistant
Museum of Children's Arts (MOCHA)
The Museum of Children’s Arts seeks a positive, motivated Front Desk Assistant. This position provides essential administrative support for MOCHA’s museum programs. The candidate must be a highly organized team player with excellent judgment who is able to balance a diverse range of projects, communicate professionally and sensitively with the public, and work collaboratively with staff. Database experience is essential. Some weekend and evening work may be required. Museum programs include but are not limited to: Art Parties, Field Trips, Art Camps, Community Events, Facility Rentals, Exhibitions, and Special Events/Workshops.
- Provide a welcoming reception, answer phone and emails, and field questions from visitors
- Awareness of all MOCHA programs: museum, school and community based
- Promote and sell MOCHA memberships. Enter information into database, process and mail membership cards
Administrative Support & Database Management
- Update and maintain program databases (FileMaker Pro)
- Regular attendance tracking
- Process registrations for art parties, field trips, camps, facility rentals, etc.
- Mail/call/email confirmations for all events and bookings
- Perform cashier duties. Handle cash, check and charge transactions
- Process payments, invoice and track balances due
- Daily & monthly cash register reconciliation
- Oversee appearance and maintenance of museum facilities
- Set and maintain artist schedules. Schedule substitutes. Update and maintain Calendar
- Distribute, collect and tabulate evaluations
- Respond to donation requests
- Obtain photo release forms
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- One year previous administrative and/or customer service experience (nonprofit a plus)
- Highly thorough and detail oriented, able to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An innate sensibility for quality customer service, and a positive upbeat personality.
- Ability to walk, sit for long periods, and lift 35 lbs.
- Current California driver license preferred.
- Sense of humor is a must
- Strong commitment to MOCHA’s mission, programs, and goals.
- Proficient in FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Office, Google Apps
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills with a strong ability to interact with diverse community of artists, administrators, children and their families in a positive and courteous manner
- Bilingual a plus
This Position Reports To: Director of Programs
Hours: 25/week (9:00am-2:00pm Tuesday-Saturday)
Rate of Pay: $16 an hour
To Apply: Please send a cover letter (explaining your interest in the position) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: (Applicant Name) Front Desk Assistant. Please note incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Selected applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and willing to submit to a background check, fingerprinting, and TB testing.
The Museum of Children’s Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.