Arts Jobs - DetailArt Education Coordinator
Blue Line Arts - Arts & Business Council
The Blue aka Blue Line Arts, Roseville, CA is seeking a highly creative, reliable, and strategic Arts Education Coordinator to be a part of team BLUE !
The Education Coordinator reports to the Executive Director, and will oversee Blue Line Arts - Arts Education programs, creating positive educational experiences with a vision to develop and deliver an engaging and robust education program. This role requires a working knowledge of art-making, program management and the education system along with an ability to provide leadership on gallery and community art events. This position is designated as confidential and requires a professional demeanor in all aspects of the job, especially in matters of grants and contractual information. The Arts Education Coordinator will maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
- A proven track record (two years or more) of successful art education and programming; administration in a museum setting, providing opportunities for artists and art enthusiasts of all ages (5 years old to death);
- A detailed understanding of contemporary art concepts and artists, and trends in art-making and art education;
- Experienced in collaboration with a gallery coordinator on ancillary programs related to current exhibitions;
- Familiarity in the development of curriculum based art education programs that are aligned with National Core Arts, California State Visual and Performing Arts and/or Common Core Standards;
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and accurately both orally and in writing;
- Excellent management/business skills - ability to manage multiple priorities in a highly organized, professional manner including the ability to manage budgets for all programs with a goal of keeping costs down and creating sustainable programs;
- A team player and a positive attitude with co-workers and while supervising education associates, interns and volunteers.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Development and coordination of multi-disciplinary arts education programs in alignment with the goals and objectives of the organization, it's programs and grants including:
- Overall program planning, scheduling and documentation;
- Development and maintenance of the arts education budget;
- Design and facilitate program evaluation;
- Authorize and manage teaching artists’ contracts;
- Prepare reports, correspondence, and recommendations for the arts education programs, it's clients and funders;
- Order and maintain all art supply needs;
- Assist with marketing efforts related to Blue Line Arts -education programming;
- Provide support to Fund Development on annual arts education fundraiser;
- Liaison with the educational community; includes the Placer County Office of Education; public and private schools and districts within the county;
- Keep current with statewide and national issues and movements in arts education;
- Provide partnership and program coordination in collaboration with local and state-wide arts organizations.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in fine art, art history, art education or related field, Master’s preferred;
- Detail oriented, self-starter, excellent time-management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and computer skills;
- Must have your own vehicle, valid driver’s license, cell phone, and access to internet;
- MAC operating systems knowledge preferred, knowledge of Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, Adobe Creative Suite and social media preferred;
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Status: Independent contractor, no benefits
20-30 hours per week; $1,200-$1,800 monthly stipend; depending on experience
Hours of Operation: Tuesday – Saturday - 9 AM to 5 PM with occasional weekend and evening duties.
To apply: Submit cover letter and resume to Blue Line Arts search committee:
USPS: Blue Line Arts
405 Vernon Street, Suite 100
Roseville, CA 95678
No phone calls please
About The Blue:
The Blue aka Blue Line Arts is a regional not for profit arts organization serving the six counties in the Greater Sacramento Region. The 50 year old organization built the museum-quality gallery space in the downtown Roseville corridor in 2008, inviting more than 32,000 visitors each year. Blue Line Arts is devoted to serving our community through the arts and provides world-class exhibitions, art education, professional training for artists while serving nearly 800 members nationwide with creative opportunities. The Blue is a vibrant, creative world and all are welcome.
Creating a vibrant community through the arts.
Our vision is expanding creative and cultural experiences for the youth, families, individuals and artists in the region.