Arts Jobs - DetailTeaching Artist Assistant
Job Description: Teaching Artist Assistant – Ceramics
- Temporary position –part time termed position, Non Exempt
The Teaching Artist Assistance will support the Teaching Artist in administering arts programs to elementary school students.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist teaching artist in material preparation for ceramic classes
- Assist teaching artist during instruction in the form of material preparation, providing help and direction to students, clean up and additional tasks at the discretion of the teaching artist
- Assist teaching artist in classroom preparation to transition into the next class period
- Assist teaching artist in the loading and unloading of the kiln
- Assist teaching artist in the packing and unpacking of ceramic projects for distribution or transport
- Assist teaching artist in cleaning work space, tools and collection of all supplies at the end of daily instruction
- Assist in documentation of residency with digital photographs and video
- Knowledge of and experience in ceramic construction and glazing techniques
- Previous experience working with school age children preferred
- Experience loading, unloading and running an electric kiln
- Access to transportation for travel throughout Yolo County to public school sites
- Must pass TB test and background check
- Available Thursday mornings starting April 20th thru May 18th
The physical specifications outlined are those that must be met to successful perform the functions of this position.
- Must occasionally lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Must occasionally stand and walk for long periods of time
Commensurate with experience - $12.00- $15.00 per hour
Submit cover letter and resume to YoloArts search committee:
P.O. Box 8250
Woodland, CA 95776
No phone calls please. The position is available immediately. There is no application deadline. The search for this position will continue until a qualified candidate is hired.
Address: P.O. Box 8250