Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment Director
The Stockton Symphony—now celebrating its 90th season—is the third oldest, continuously performing orchestra in California. Surpassed in longevity only by the San Francisco Symphony and the Los Angeles Philharmonic, it seeks a dynamic professional to lead its development and growth, as it embarks on its Orchestrating the Future Campaign (Campaign) and expands its Annual Fund.
- Oversee the implementation and administration of the Symphony’s $5M Campaign as the Symphony looks to its future.
- Provide leadership, direction, and coordination for strategies and implementation to support both the Campaign and the $500,000 Annual Fund.
- Develop, monitor, and analyze departmental goals.
- In cooperation with the board and committees identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts;
For the Annual Fund, which includes concert and guest artist sponsorships.
For the Campaign from a database of over 1,000 donors.
- Work closely with the senior management team and the Board to develop fundraising strategies, and identify potential donor prospects.
- Act as the primary advisor to the symphony’s leadership in managing their respective fundraising portfolios.
- Work closely with consultants on the Orchestrating the Future Campaign.
Requirements: BA degree; at least 5 years of fundraising experience with substantial campaign experience; proven track record of developing and implementing fundraising strategies; significant experience working with Board of Directors; proven track record of cultivating and securing major gifts. The Development Director will be creative, understand fundraising for the arts and the importance of building and maintaining donor relationships. The candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as outstanding financial management and analytical skills. Knowledge of CRM systems and ability to learn and use the Patron Manager system based on the Salesforce platform is required. Demonstrated success in building relationships with Boards and committees is essential. Arts background preferred but not mandatory; however, a commitment to the symphony’s mission is a must. This is a unique opportunity for a hard-working and motivated individual to shape current operations and make a significant impact on the future of one of Stockton’s leading cultural organizations.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to Don Nelson, Executive Director, Stockton Symphony, 4629 Quail Lakes Drive, Stockton, CA, 95207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO.