Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing Intern
VOX Femina Los Angeles
Culver City, CA
JOB DEscriptION: MARKETING & ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Summer 2017 / Full Time / Paid
POSITION DEscriptION: The intern will assist the Administrative Coordinator and the Executive Director with the creation and execution of a marketing and social media plan for the organization’s 2017-2018 concert season. Activities will include: fine-tuning a detailed marketing plan and calendar for the season; gathering visual content for marketing materials; communicating with VOX’s graphic designer and printer; collaborating on innovative social media and audience outreach strategies; and posting engaging content across all social media platforms. The intern will also assist in various administrative activities, including data base management, web site updates and donor communications. The intern will attend board and board committee meetings, in order to gain a comprehensive understanding of, and develop hands-on skills in, nonprofit arts management.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants should be motivated, creative, and hard-working individuals with an interest in arts management, and have:
- Strong organizational skills;
- Effective writing and communication skills;
- The ability to learn quickly, handle multiple tasks, take initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Familiarity with standard computer software programs, particularly Microsoft Office Suite (familiarity with design software is a plus but not required);
- Working knowledge of the latest social media platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Familiarity with choral music and/or the performing arts is helpful, but not required.
Address: 3341 Caroline Ave