Arts Jobs - DetailAssistant Registrar
The Museum of Contemporary Art
Los Angeles, CA
Working under the Head Registrar, the Assistant Registrar performs registration functions as assigned relating to the permanent collection, loans, and temporary exhibitions.
At least three years of full-time paid experience working in an art museum registration or collections management department required. Verifiable knowledge and experience coordinating packing, making domestic and international shipping arrangements, and preparing condition reports. Detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written). Ability to multitask and work well under pressure and deadlines. Manage confidential information in a discreet and professional manner. Computer experience with Windows Office applications and museum collection management databases (preferably TMS) required. B.A. degree, preferably in Art History or related field. Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed and assigned by Head Registrar. Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Support Head Registrar in handling permanent collection and temporary exhibitions and projects
- Arrange incoming and outgoing packing and shipping for permanent collection, loans, and exhibitions
- Prepare condition reports, receipts, checklists, spreadsheets, and other documents as required in a complete and error-free manner
- Create and update records in TMS database and work extensively with both database and physical files and records
- Ability to organize and maintain large amounts of information
- Assist with temporary exhibitions as needed and assigned by Head Registrar
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required. Heavy usage of computers and phones required. The position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule and travel.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Address: 250 S. Grand Ave.