Arts Jobs - DetailGraphic and Web Designer
La Jolla Music Society
La Jolla, CA
Graphic & Web Designer
La Jolla Music Society
Department: Marketing & Ticket Services
Reports to: Marketing Director
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
Join the dynamic team at La Jolla Music Society (LJMS), one of Southern California’s premier presenters of world-class performing arts. LJMS contributes to San Diego’s cultural vitality through year-round, multi-disciplinary presentations of internationally acclaimed orchestras, chamber music, recitals, jazz, dance and special events, in addition to our annual chamber music festival SummerFest. LJMS is currently in the process of building The Conrad Prebys Performing Arts Center in San Diego, a 49,000 square-foot-facility that be the new home of the organization.
The Graphic & Web Designer is a proactive team player that works directly with the Marketing Director to execute marketing plans designed to meet or exceed ticket sales goals for all LJMS performances, and realize the organization’s mission and vision. The Graphic & Web Designer is responsible for all activity related to print, graphic and web design for the organization. This position maintains the organization’s established brand and ensures message consistency, proper logo usage and adherence to style guidelines. Additionally, the Graphic & Web Designer acts as a representative for the organization as requested, to proactively create and maintain relationships throughout the community while working closely with La Jolla Music Society administration, artistic, development, education, finance, and production departments.
- BA/BS/BFA degree in marketing, multimedia, visual, video or graphic design, marketing, communications, liberal arts or related field.
- Minimum of two years of directly related design experience in a non-profit, media or agency environment.
- Working knowledge of design and layout software (Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat) required; Ability to design on PC-based platform; skills in photography and video production and editing a plus.
- Proficient in content management platforms and other web-based technologies; familiarity with WordPress and HTML a plus.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook and Excel
- Highly organized and detail oriented; Ability to work well independently and with a team in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Strong project and time management skills, Ability to maintain multiple priorities and meet design and production deadlines.
- Attendance at most La Jolla Music Society events is required, including nights and weekends.
- Interest in classical music or performing arts a plus.
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50lbs and have a valid Driver’s License.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Address: 7946 Ivanhoe Ave Suite 309