Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment Manager
Pasadena Museum of California Art
The Development Manager is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in developing and implementing the development strategy for the Museum. The Development Manager initiates, develops, and submits compelling corporate proposals, grant applications, individual funding requests, and funder report packages. The Development Manager works collaboratively with the Exhibitions, Education, and Communications Department to research and develop compelling narratives and strategies for new and increased support. The Development Manager coordinates and plans cultivation and fundraising events. The Development Manager maintains and cultivates an active and prospective funder list, manages the funder database, ensures donor benefits are fulfilled, and fulfills departmental administrative tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aid in the creation and implementation of the annual development plan and strategy;
- Assist the Director of Communication plan the annual communication calendar;
- Lead and manage the overall development efforts to raise an annual budget of $1 million;
- Work with Executive Director to train and lead the PMCA Board and staff to support fundraising and marketing efforts;
- Collaborate with the curatorial and marketing staff for fundraising efforts;
- Assist Executive Director in individual fundraising efforts;
- Conduct prospect research;
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate & foundation sponsors and individual donors;
- Manage annual fundraising events and campaigns;
- Research and write grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders;
- Manage fundraising database and acknowledgment letters;
- Implement and manage the online giving campaign;
- Work collaboratively with the Membership Associate to write renewal letters, organize membership drives, and plan member events;
- In consultation with the Finance Department, maintain accurate accounting of all restricted and unrestricted funds, manage grant reporting and accounting, including preparation of reports, invoices, budgets, progress reports, and final reports;
- Serve as representative of the Museum; ability to work some weekends and evenings
3-5 years of nonprofit development experience, with an emphasis on individual giving, corporate fundraising, or grant writing & reporting; ideal candidate must have strong communication skills, demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively, and articulate institutional objectives; detail oriented; ability to multi-task and work well under pressure; desire to work in a collaborative manner with various museum departments; strong partnership-building and event planning skills; outstanding people skills; knowledge of fundraising in Southern California preferred; minimum of a bachelor’s degree and experience with museums a plus.
How to Apply
To be considered for candidacy for this position, submit cover letter and resume online to Jay Belloli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the PMCA
The mission of the Pasadena Museum of California art is to present the breadth of California art and design through exhibitions that explore the cultural dynamics and influences that are unique to California.
Contact:Jay Belloli, Interim Executive Director
Address: 490 E. Union Blvd