Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing + Communications Manager
AIA San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
AIA San Francisco
Marketing + Communications Manager
Working closely with all staff, the Marketing + Communications Manager oversees the development and implementation of a strategic, multi-layered communications program designed to build and strengthen the organization’s role and reputation as a leader and destination in the architecture and design community. The Marketing + Communications Manager reports to the Deputy Director.
Annual Marketing Communications Strategy: Development + Execution
- Collaborate with staff to develop a strategic communications timeline to support the organization's mission, goals and objectives.
- Manage layout and editorial content of all publications.
- Identify target audiences and key demographics for marketing campaigns.
- Draft and disseminate the organization’s communications materials to members and the broader design community including newsletters, website, press releases, ads, postcards, social media, surveys and special publications.
- Maintain organizational style guide across all platforms. Ensure accurate and consistent brand messaging on all chapter communication.
- Liaise with existing external contractors and graphic designers.
- Build and foster media relationships, identifying opportunities to support organizational initiatives and developing communications materials and programs to promote and publicize these activities.
- Create media partnerships to help promote and elevate awareness and value for educational programs including Design Awards, Architecture and the City festival, Home Tours, gallery exhibitions and lecture series.
- Coordinate media and promotional ad campaigns with trade and lifestyle publications, newsletters and blogs.
- Generate, pitch and write feature news ideas and stories to support marketing outreach efforts.
- Respond to media requests for information and facilitate media interviews with architect members and organizational contacts.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or a related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships.
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Ability to excel in a team setting and flexibility to ensure completion of team goals.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with website design and familiarity with HTML.
- Knowledge of current technology and application of ever-changing digital and social media communications strategies.
- Interest in design and architecture is helpful but not required.
About AIA San Francisco
As a resource for our members and the general public, AIA San Francisco strives to improve the quality of life in the Bay Area by promoting architecture and design. We further this goal through community involvement, education, advocacy, public outreach, member services, and professional excellence.
About the Center for Architecture & Design
The Center for Architecture + Design enhances public appreciation for architecture and design, both locally and internationally, through exhibitions, lectures, tours, films, and other programs that reveal the richness of the design arts. Founded in 2005, the Center for Architecture + Design is a collaborative environment where design organizations and affiliates share not only space, but ideas.
Salary + Benefits
Full-time, 40 hours/week, at-will Employment
9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday + occasional mornings and evenings
AIA San Francisco offers a generous benefits package including PTO, health, and 401(k).
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter detailing your interest, resume, three relevant writing samples, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No calls, please.
AIA San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to diversify our workforce and seek applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
Position open until filled.