Arts Jobs - DetailGallery Assistant
Fine Art Gallery
This position presents a great entry-level opportunity to work with fine art and be a critical part of our fast paced team. There are dogs and koi at the gallery so applicant must be an animal person.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This full time (40 hour a week) role will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Researching/writing art historical descriptions and articles
- Researching/writing SEO friendly blog posts for our website
- Maintaining and adding inventory records and web postings for all artworks
- Assist in sales, client presentations, and preparation of post-sale client documents
- Assisting with client visits and art shows as needed
- Coordinating domestic and international shipping of works of fine art
- Providing clerical duties, including answering phones, filing, and copying - you will be an overall multi-tasking machine who needs to remain organized and level-headed at all times
- Providing general assistance to rest of staff
- Driving artworks to and from around other locations in the Bay Area
- Some personal assistance to our director as assigned or needed
- B.A. required, background in Art History, Museum Studies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and remain flexible with changing priorities
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be a team player within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm while meeting deadlines
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Excellent attention to detail and consistency
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, etc. (WordPress, Constant Contact, ACT! and HTML platforms – a plus)
- Ability to complete tasks in an autonomous and timely manner
- Valid CA driver's license
- Knowledge of French, German and/or Mandarin Chinese would be a plus.
Full dental and health benefits are included after a 90-day probationary period along with vacation and holidays; salary commensurate on experience.
Please email a cover letter with your resumé to email@example.com. Unfortunately due to the high amount of applicants, only short list candidates will be notified.