Arts Jobs - DetailProduction Assistant
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
To provide administrative support for the Presentations Department at the Hollywood Bowl from approximately May 1 - September 30.
Provide administrative support to the VP of Presentations, including but not limited to: facilitating written and verbal internal and external communications; coordinating meetings and overseeing all arrangements for meetings; arranging travel and hotel arrangements as needed; screening calls as needed; maintaining office files; arranging courier services; assisting with contract administration; collecting info from artist reps and agents; drafting production schedules; and providing general administrative support for Director of Presentations and Program Manager, Presentations and Manager, Hollywood Bowl Orchestra as needed..
- General office work and clerical duties, in addition to production assistance, as required for concerts and presentations, including but not limited to: tickets and parking passes; extensive hospitality and catering/dressing room needs/setup for artists per contract riders; complex artist ground transportation schedule; creative problem solving; customer service; assistance in other artist liaison issues; and some “runner” responsibilities.
- Assist with Hollywood Bowl calendar scheduling, including but not limited to: updating with Presentations confirmations, lease event information, and liaising with production/artistic calendar scheduler as needed.
- Assist in the data entry of artist performance contract details into CRM (and/or other databases as required); amend contract riders in conjunction with Presentations Concert Manager.
- Assist with invoice processing, coding and filing into PN3 accounting system.
- Coordinate work visas for visiting guest artists in consultation with the department as needed.
- Assist office with ticketing and parking requests from artists, agents, managers, vendors and outside parties needing special handling.
- Obtain and disseminate information to general staff as required, including but not limited to: biographical information for artists; production schedules; rehearsal schedules; and general information as requested by Association staff.
- Assist VP of Presentations with budgetary spreadsheets and updates as required.
- Attend Hollywood Bowl Orchestra services and concerts as needed; distribute parking passes and tickets to Orchestra members at rehearsals; and assist with and coordinate check-out of music to Hollywood Bowl Orchestra musicians.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK FULL-TIME from approximately
- MAY 1 – SEPTEMBER 30. HOURS: MONDAY-FRIDAY, 10:00am-6:00pm, plus evenings and weekends as needed for rehearsals/concerts/shows.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and highly organized, with excellent follow-through.
- Previous concert production background and experience required.
- B.A. (or equivalent background and experience) desired.
- Minimum one year administrative / administrative-support experience.
- Exceptional, professional and clear writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet and general computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Filemaker, etc.).
- Ability to meet deadlines, organize and priorities duties efficiently, and focus on many tasks simultaneously and in detail.
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial issues.
- Prefer a general knowledge and interest in a variety of musical artists, genres and repertoire.
- Interest in concert production.
- Ability and desire to work long hours as required; flexible schedule
- Must own a reliable car and have clean driving record.
- Must be able to purchase and handle alcohol.
- Ability to work with artists, agents and managers in sensitive situations.
- Resourceful and forward thinking problem solver. Customer service oriented in all industry and interoffice interaction.
- Resilient, indefatigable, positive attitude.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successfully completed.