Arts Jobs - DetailDatabase Administrator
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
This full-time position in the Information Technology Department provides strategic, technical and architectural expertise and support for the LA Phil’s SQL Database applications. The DBA reports to the Database Applications Manager, whose primary responsibility it is to support the LAPHIL’s use of Tessitura — a CRM application utilized for ticketing, fundraising, memberships, marketing, reporting, customer relationship management, and web transactions. The Database Administrator will be responsible for learning, supporting, and developing against the databases that comprise Tessitura, Great Plains Dynamics and other database applications in the LAPHIL’s environment as well as ensuring data integrity.
The Database Administrator will split their time between administrative duties and database development, assisting both the Database Applications Manager and the Web Developer on the creation and implementation of database objects.
- Serve as a primary source of information regarding Tessitura and other database schemas, structures, and objects
- Maintain LA PHIL specific documentation of the Tessitura infrastructure stack, including database, application, API and web servers.
- Enforce and encourage data entry standards and best practices to promote optimal data hygiene
- Maintain database security
- Monitor database performance using native monitoring tools; proactively recommend and develop custom monitoring scripts based on the LAPHIL’s use of databases
- Participate with web developers in load test to determine performance baselines and benchmarks
- Tune and optimize database configuration, performance, and data
- Implement creative and thoughtful solutions to work around Tessitura limitations.
- Work independently to research and provide educated solution recommendations for a given problem/requirement.
- Work with IT infrastructure team to ensure maximum application availability and connectivity
- Create and maintain application upgrade test plans, fully documenting all application testing efforts
- Interface with multiple users across the organization and effectively project-manage reporting requirements from start to finish. Focus on user needs in defining user requirements and retrieving accurate information/reporting from data sources.
- Document LAPA customized reports and assist in the writing of additional reports supporting the LAPHIL’s use of Tessitura, Great Plains and other database applications
- Automate daily and regularly scheduled database tasks using scripts
- Backup, restore, and archive databases and data
- Conduct database application upgrades and hotfixes as necessary
- Plan and document procedures for disaster recovery and database administration specific to the LAPHIL
- Develop and maintain data warehouse and operational data stores from LA Philharmonic database systems, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Dynamics GP, ADP Payroll, Kronos Workforce Timekeeper, and Tessitura.
- Provide technical support for all report applications.
- Other duties as assigned. Certain duties may require working during off-peak hours
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in Database Design and Administration. Technical/IS background preferred.
- Required skills include experience in Windows and client/server SQL databases; advanced proficiency with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS); proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel and Access; Microsoft SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Query knowledge and relational database system skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient in communicating technical and marketing data in an effective manner to all levels of staff. Able to quickly establish relationships with key personnel within the organization.
- Must be highly accurate and detail-oriented while meeting goals and short timelines.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and orchestrate multiple projects in a fast-paced working environment
- BS degree, preferably in an IT-related major or equivalent experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful