Arts Jobs - DetailFundraising Internship Fall 2017
New West Symphony
Thousand Oaks, CA
This is an excellent learning opportunity for a student aspiring to work in the arts, development, production, and more. As a member of our small entrepreneurial team you will be exposed to the high-paced and exciting behind-the-scenes business side of one of the leading performing arts organizations in Southern California.
- Assist the development and marketing departments in the planning and execution of fundraising galas, concert production activities and other projects as assigned.
- Assist staff with a variety of administrative tasks including drafting marketing pieces, event planning, social media marketing, and special projects.
- Flexibility to work on special projects aligned with your internship class requirements and your personal growth interests.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and entrepreneurially with a small organization
- Interest in the arts, music, fundraising and philanthropy a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Take direction and feedback well
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of film and photo editing software as well as basic MS Office programs, Google Calendar, and CRM software.
Currently enrolled in a bachelor's or master’s degree program.
About the Organization:
Founded in 1995, the New West Symphony is a professional orchestra that draws its players from the rich talent pool of professional Los Angeles-area musicians. The Symphony is the resident company of the Oxnard Performing Arts Center, the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, and Barnum Hall in Santa Monica. It also provides quality outreach and educational opportunities for the communities it serves through its annual Symphonic Adventures concert programs for youth, its traveling Music Van, and its new partnership with Harmony Project Ventura, a year-round music program for underserved students. New West Symphony is a non-profit organization. For more information please visit www.newwestsymphony.org.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
This is an unpaid internship that must be taken for academic credit. You must be enrolled in an internship course through your college or university to participate.
Contact:Emma Pell, Manager of Communications and Patron Relations