Arts Jobs - DetailYouthAware Theatre Education Manager
New Conservatory Theatre Center
San Francisco, CA
New Conservatory Theatre Center is hiring a YouthAware Theatre Education Manager. This is a full-time position.
NCTC Mission Statement
To champion innovative high quality productions and educational theatre experiences for youth, artists, and the LGBT and allied communities to effect personal growth, enlightenment, and change.
New Conservatory Theatre Center’s YouthAware Theatre Education Manager is responsible for guiding, developing and advancing the YouthAware (YA) Theatre Education and Identity Matters (IM) Residency learning programs. This includes educational materials development, residency planning and execution, pre and post show format design, preparing arts education teaching artists in collaboration with the YouthAware Program Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Guiding, developing and advancing the YouthAware (YA) Theatre Education and Identity Matters (IM) Residency curriculum.
- Collaborate with Artistic Director and the YA Program Manager to develop, coordinate, maintain, and evaluate NCTC’s YA Theatre Education scripts, programs and performance calendar.
- Be part of the team that communicates with Marketing Department to plan, develop, and refresh collateral materials, web site and social media strategies.
- Work with NCTC Executive Director and YA Program Manager to develop and oversee the YA budget
- Collaborate with the NCTC Development Director and the YA Program Manager on YA/IM fund management and expansion.
- Develop, coordinate and evaluate YA educational materials, pre/post-show engagement and related workshops
- Train Teaching Artists to facilitate pre/post-show workshops, residencies and discussions
- Attend and evaluate on and offsite performances. Serve as backup to YA Manager for offsite performances
- Facilitate IM residencies, pre/post-show discussions or workshops on tour
- Assist with YA/IM booking, data entry, and administrative duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will have: a strong multi-faceted educational theatre back ground and a strong commitment to arts education advocacy to help affect positive change; the capacity for collaboration, diplomacy and personnel management; strong public speaking and effective writing ability, as well as the ability to learn and manage online tools and resources.
Familiarity with SFUSD and solid experience with MS Word, Excel, Salesforce, and Google Docs platforms a plus.
Cover letter, resume and three references to Barbara@nctcsf.org subject line: YouthAware Theatre Education Manager
Strong preference for local candidates: there is no relocation package available.
For more information visit our website: www.nctcsf.org