Arts Jobs - DetailEngagement Intern
San Diego Repertory Theatre
San Diego, CA
Description: Engagement Intern
San Diego Repertory Theatre seeks college students interested in applying for an Audience Engagement internship during our upcoming production season. This is an unpaid part-time internship, available for college credit on a semester-to-semester basis. The benefits include working with a great team of art enthusiasts who care deeply about producing quality work, learning the ins and outs of Audience Engagement and Community Partnerships as they pertain to theatre, and watching some of the best theater this area has to offer. Hours will fluctuate from week to week, but the intern can expect between 5-10 hours per week.
- Work with the Community Partnerships Ambassador to research potential community partners
- Assist with the coordination of engagement and community partner events
- Attend some meetings with the Audience Engagement Curator and Community Partnerships Ambassador
- Help with installations and de-installations in the Upper and Lower Galleries
- Help set up for events (moving chairs and other furniture, setting up tables in the lobby areas)
- Work 2-3 engagement events per production. This includes helping to set up tables and chairs, technical requirements like microphones, monitoring food and beverage stations, and engaging with patrons and event participants
- Help create social media posts for Engagement Events
- Must be at least 21+
- Have reliable transportation to and from The REP and offsite meetings
- Be available some evenings and weekends
- A strong interest in the arts, specifically theatre, but also performing arts, audience engagement, non-profits, event coordination, ANYTHING ELSE?
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
The ideal candidate will be:
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Able to communicate with people of various cultural backgrounds, levels of education, and experience
- Able to generate ideas for experimentation and continued improvement in projects
- Passionate about The REP’s mission
- Willing to learn and take responsibility beyond the scope of the job description and organization
- Able to take initiative and have an ownership mindset
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The job regularly requires the employee to sit for long periods of time, work mostly indoors but sometimes outside, as well as walk, climb or balance, crouch, and stoop. The position may require the climbing of multiple staircases and the use of ladders. The position occasionally requires the lifting and/or moving up to 30 pounds.
If academic credit is desired, it is the responsibility of the intern to coordinate class credit with the intern’s school. The REP will be happy to cooperate with your institution to complete any necessary paperwork.
At this time, all internships at San Diego Repertory Theatre are not paid positions. Interns will receive other perks such as complimentary tickets to performances to REP shows during Season 42.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to Marley Healy at email@example.com